*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1707118-We-the-children
by TeeJay
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1707118
Are Julie and her friends enough to save themselves from certain death?
I walked down the street with ease, not a care in the world. Those were the days. Everyone knew my name, but no one ever used that against me. Everyone was my friend. My seven best friends, though. They always had my back. Ann knew when I needed to go shopping. Jason knew when I just needed a friend. Lilly knew when I needed a laugh. Michael always knew when he could help me with my homework, or anything really. Hailee knew somehow, what I did when I was nervous, scared, crushing, or bored. She knew me like the back of her hand. Amanda knew when she could make me something to cheer me up in no time. Wyatt was the brains of our group. Matthew, well he was my knight in shining armor. He knew me even better than Hailee, and I knew him just as well. That day, though, when I was walking down Starlight road, I would not have it so easy.Jason, Lilly, Michael, Hailee, Amanda, Wyatt, and Matthew were with me. We came upon a giant garden, but if you looked close enough you'd notice the monstrous house behind it, where Violet Laurianne lived. She was an older lady, and she had this strange obsession with dogs. She had like five. I had tricked Lilly into coming, I feel bad for it, but I wanted her to come with us. She is terrified of Violet's dogs. One, Doberman pincer. Two, German Shepperd. Three, Bull Dog. Four, Akita Inu. Five, Rottweiler. Violet must have a giant fascination with Guard dogs. Lilly noticed where we were and began to scream. Michael threw his hands into the air as a gesture of carelessness. "You've done it now!" Hailee rushed over to Lilly to cover her mouth, but she was too late. I heard Violet's dogs barking violently, as if they hadn't been fed in weeks. "Run!" I heard Wyatt yell. It didn't take two times to tell us. We all burst into sprints, all except Lilly. What's wrong with her? I thought, Why isn't she running? "She's frozen!" Hailee screamed. Her bleached blond hair whipped in the breeze. Lilly refused to move. "Dogs, Julie, Dogs..." Oh, Gosh what had I done? I knew I would regret this, sooner or later. I groaned as I began to turn back. The other turned to watch me. "We can't just leave her!" I grabbed her arm, and it brought her back to life. "Ahhhhhhhh!" I heard her scream. I never should have done this. A walk with my friends wasn't worth her life. We were running as fast as our legs would let us. Unfortunately, Violet's dogs were too. They were less than ten feet away. The Doberman Pincer was leading the pack into battle.I closed my eyes to brace myself. Suddenly, there was nothing beneath me. The only sound was Lilly screaming beside me. "What happened?" I heard Hailee ask. "I don't know..." answered Michael. "What caused this?" asked Wyatt. I know it wasn't me..." said Amanda. "Julie?" Matthew asked for me, grabbing my hand and holding it tight. "Julie?" Jason called out for me. "Oh." I heard him whisper. I opened my eyes. "Ah!" I let out a yelp as I saw pure nothingness except for me and my friends. "Julie!" Matthew squeezed my hand as he shook me. "Calm down!" I did. Jason? Hailee, Wyatt, Lilly? Amanda? Michael?" I heard various responses. Starting with Jason's "Yes?" all the way down to Micheal's "What's wrong?"
© Copyright 2010 TeeJay (teejay333 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1707118-We-the-children