*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1707187-Claire
Rated: E · Sample · Young Adult · #1707187
This is something I wrote to work on my point of view.
         Claire sat under the bleachers trying to escape both the mounting sun and the rising temperature.  She wondered why she’d ever agreed to come to the ballpark in the first place. Her cousin played first base for The Mustangs and she really didn’t have anything else better to do. Besides, her Aunt Fran promised ice cream after the game. 

         As she sat, wishing she’d remembered to bring a book with her, the home team took the field and Claire was instantly swept away. “The Mustangs have a new pitcher,” she breathed.  She shifted her position under the bleachers so she could watch number 10 take the field with his team. He was taller than the other boys with a head full of gorgeous dark curls poking out from under his cap. His olive skin set off his luminous green eyes and as he turned to wave at the crowd his smile won her heart.
© Copyright 2010 T.M. Naser (bushihat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1707187-Claire