*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1707769-Obama-speech-on-Iraq
by chei
Rated: E · Other · Political · #1707769
Obama speech of Iraq. Announces the end to our combat mission in Iraq.
Our President Barack Obama announced an end of our combat mission in Iraq. He says it has been a security challenge and it is time to rebuild our nation. Iraq is nearly a decade war and has put us in a long painful recession. Obama continues to say that the future is ours to shape. This is the time for Iraq to take control back and work towards a better future. After the Iraqi government takes urgency then they will have a strong partner in the United States as Obama said. All of the troops are said to be moved by the end of next year. Again Iraqi must resolve their problems with help and support from us. It is a new beginning for Iraq and as President Obama said “it’s time to turn the page”. And he continues to speak of the honor and braveness of our troops. We should all appreciate all of our people who put their life on the line for the life of others. Since we are leaving Iraq our attention can go more towards our fight against al Qaeda. U.S. must continue to be leaders to the world not only in military but as Obama states in diplomacy, economic strength, and as an example.



I believe our President Barak Obama has good intentions. He is right. We must leave the rest to Iraq and work on ourselves while still supporting them. We must learn to respect and honor the hard and brave work of our soldiers. We have to work together and shape a prosperous future for ourselves. Obama talks about Bush and him disagreeing with the war but in the end both are united and appreciate the service of our men and hopes for success in Iraq’s future. Also the future of our nations lies in our hand. We must work on strengthening the middle class as Obama says. Obama repeats the phrase “it’s time to turn the page” a couple of times. It’s time to let Iraq settle their problems although we will help and it is time to take action in our nation. We sometimes put off hard decisions and this war has put us in debt. We must continue to work together and secure the dream our soldiers fight for. To expand freedom we must strengthen middle class. I think we did the right thing leaving Iraq and working to continue the rebuilding of our nation and being a leader to the world.
© Copyright 2010 chei (cherlie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1707769-Obama-speech-on-Iraq