*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1708944-Lost-Friends
by Razor
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest · #1708944
Story to try and show happiness. Limit to 300 words.
“Next!”  Brad shouted.

Was that Jim walking up? How long has it been? Fifteen years maybe.  Wonder how the old tailback is doing? He remembered Jim had the winning score in the final game. The only game the Green Raiders won that year.  He threw the key block that sprung Jim to the end zone.  “They let any dirt bag into this town don’t they.” Brad said.

“Good to see you flash a full set of teeth.”

“I’m showing them off just for you.” Jim was leaving to take a job overseas and on his last day home they got a group of guys together for a game of flag football. The friendly game soon became a competitive, hard hitting, full tackle event. Jim had the ball and was racing it to the end zone. He tried to tackle Jim but got kneed in the face. He spit three teeth onto the ground. 

They shook hands across the counter. “It’s good to see you, Jim.”

“All this time and you still look the same.” Jim patted his stomach. “I’m going to have a baby soon.”

No kidding. Jim was living the good life somewhere. Or maybe the drinking has caught up with him. Jim could drink like a fish. For his part he would try to stay somewhat sober, but even still Jim would find a way to get them both in trouble.  He wished he could relive those days. Seeing Jim was like opening a doorway to his past. “All the beer you drank finally caught up to you. You’re going to give birth to a keg.”

They both laughed.

“I don’t drink anymore. I haven’t had a drop in five years.”

“I’ve glad to hear that. What can I do for you?”

“Listen, Brad, I’m in big trouble.”

Word Count: 300
© Copyright 2010 Razor (razor1971 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1708944-Lost-Friends