*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1709567-Speaker-Pelosi-to-Voters
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by LM Lee
Rated: E · Other · Political · #1709567
Pelosi Reminds Voters of GOP plans: Privatize Social Security & cut Medicare benefits
Speaker of the house, Nancy Pelosi, reminds US voters of Republican plans to privatize Social Security, cut Medicare and extend tax breaks to companies who outsource American jobs and show no faith in the American worker or the American way.

The speaker emphasized her faith in the Democrats "finely tuned ground game" and "sophisticated turn out model" but is concerned they may run out of resources before these strategies can be effectively implemented. Madame speaker also urged voters to take advantage of early voting as well as absentee voting to get an early start on winning and keeping a Democratic Majority in the House as well as the Senate.

Republican plans for privatizing Social Security has been a pet project since George W Bush floated the idea during his administration. President Bush was unable to garner enough support from the American people for this idea to be seriously considered. Republicans hope to revise the Bush agenda with windfall wins in November.

President Bush's prescription drug benefit, signed into law during his second term, is the largest entitlement program to ever be enacted by congress, and the trillion dollar "Tax Cuts" for the wealthiest Americans, as well as most other Republican spending during Bush's two terms, was added to the deficit and are still unpaid for today.

While Republicans appear to be livid at President Obama's spending programs, they were oddly silent or completely agreeable to Bush's spending. In early 2008, President Bush was forced to admit publicly that the economy was failing, and asked for 700 billion dollars to cover Wall Street losses, while retirement accounts, and personal savings plans tanked and then died.

President Obama's agenda has turned the economy around and it is now moving in a positive direction. A return to the Bush Administration policies and bowing to the political extortion from the activist right wing, could mean an end to middle class America just as it begins to gain new ground.
© Copyright 2010 LM Lee (lorimechelle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1709567-Speaker-Pelosi-to-Voters