*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1710680-The-Soul-stealing-man-2
by Ian
Rated: ASR · Chapter · Fantasy · #1710680
chapter 2, I still would love any feedback about it.
         I felt a hand on my forehead. It wasn’t my cousin’s hand, too soft. It wasn’t my hand, I think. The hand came off my forehead, and I hear that person turn. They said something to someone else. The voice is soft, it is probably a girl. The other person replies, it was my cousin‘s voice. I peak out one eye. It is a girl talking to my cousin. I listen in more carefully and can hear them talking.

         “So what is wrong with him?” My cousin asked. “I don’t know. He seems to be perfectly healthy. His temperature is normal and he doesn’t have any wounds.” The girl replied. My cousin opened his mouth to speak, but I beat him to it. “Of course I am alright, what would be wrong with me.”

         “When did you get up?” they both asked.

         “Just a little while ago.” I replied as I started to get up.

         “You shouldn't stand yet.” the girl said quickly.

         “I’m tough, so I will be…” I felt my legs go weak, and the world start spinning again. I stumbled to the wall and used it to support myself. The girl came over to me and was checking my temperature again.

         “Your temperature is fine, so I don’t think you're sick. Have you thrown thrown up recently or had anything else unusual happen to you?”

         “Nothing” I lied as I remembered the feeling of power before. My vision had stopped spinning and I could see the girl up close. I recognized her, she was about my age.

         “I’m going to check your heart rate now” she says as she puts her hand on my neck. She wait’s a minute before saying “your heart is beating fast, but not fast enough to be a problem.

         “Are you really a doctor, your about my age. So, you can’t be a doctor yet.” I asked

         “I’m still in training to be a doctor, but I’m still good at what I do.” she said defensively.          “I didn’t mean to offend you, I was just curious.”

         “I fixed you up before.” she said.

         “Wait when did that happen.”

         “After one of your many fights, you were bruised pretty badly and were bleeding from your mouth and nose.”

         “Sounds just like you.” My cousin butted in.

         “Your still here.” I said.

         “I live here.”

         “So, skipping out on work.”

         “Your one to talk, but you seem fine, so I will get back to work. You better come soon too.” He then turned and left. I waited tell I heard the front open and close. Then I opened up the window. I watched him round the corner through a tree, before I started to climb out the window.

         “You need to rest, not be climbing trees.” she said.

         “I forgot you were here.”

         “Come back inside.” she ordered, but I had already scrambled the rest of the way out the window and was on my way down the tree. I heard the girl rush out the room. I climbed halfway down before jumping the rest of the way down. Unfortunately I had forgotten that my legs weren’t working at a 100 percent and just collapsed on the ground with a loud thud. She must have heard me hit the ground, because I saw her pop out of the window on the first floor. she came over to me and knelt down.

         “I told you that you shouldn’t climb that tree.” she said.

         “I would have been fine if you wouldn’t have rushed me.”

         “You could climbed down the tree?”

         “Yeah I got halfway down before I jumped to the bottom.”

         “But just a little while ago you could barely stand.”

         “It’s a miracle. I will go spread the word that you’re a miracle maker,” I said as I stood  up.

         “You know it wasn’t a miracle.”

         “Yeah, I was probably just tired. You know he works me to the bone.” I said as I rounded the corner. I saw the mercenaries tied up at the front door, and one of them stirred in his sleep. The doctor started to talk, but I quickly put my hand over her mouth. I pushed her back around the corner following right behind her.

         “Be very quiet.” I told her.

         “Why, what’s over there?” she whispered.

         “The mercenaries that we fought, and I’m guessing they‘re barely asleep.” I whispered back to her, as I peeked around the corner.

         “You knocked them all out” she said in disbelief

         “yeah, with the help of my cousin.”

         “Wait, I don’t want you to leave either. So, why should I be quiet.” I thought about that for a second, before deciding that I would have to take her with me, at least to the town. I grabbed her arm again, and started running a big arc around mercenaries. I did this until I was facing the town and ran towards it. I looked back and she stumbled, but regained her balance. We lived just on the outskirts of town, so I didn’t take long for us to reach the center of town. I stopped there and looked at her.

         “I never did hear your name.” I said. She was still catching her breath so she didn’t respond for almost a minute.

         “Arissa, now you should go rest.”

         “I’m fine, and my name is Ethan.”

         “You better be, you’re a gather with me.” I turned to look at who was talking to me.

         “Oh, it you Mark. So I’m a gather today. Ditched work with my cousin to get caught by you for more work.”

         “You should go back and rest.” Arissa said.

         “Who’s she?” Mark asked.

         “She a doctor in training, and her name’s Arissa, you know her.”

         “Yeah she helped you out after a couple of fights. So does this mean you got in to another fight.”

         “No I just passed out from exhaustion or the heat or something like that.”

         “Right after a fight.” Arissa added.

         “Did you win?”

         “Yeah, it was just some mercenaries. They weren’t ready for a fight.”

         “So you ready to go?”

         “Yeah, who else is with us.”

         “Wait, there is no way your planning on going out.” Arissa said.

         “Why not?” I asked

         “You passed out earlier, and still might me sick.”

         “I’ll  take that chance.” Then I turned to Mark, “Who else is in our group.”

         “Victor, Shawn, and Dmitri. They decided to send out a young group.”

         “Yeah, we got pretty lucky that we all hang out anyways. I once got stuck with a bunch of guys who I had fought the night before.”

         “That’s because you get in to many fights.”

         I turned to look at Arissa and she had this look like I was stupid written all over her face. “Don’t worry I’ll be fine.” I said as I walked towards the gates, not knowing that I had lied.

© Copyright 2010 Ian (eltessa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1710680-The-Soul-stealing-man-2