*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1711236-A-wedding-day
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Other · #1711236
true couple dealin with family traditions
Right after the wedding ceremony, the bride and the groom got ready to leave in their car. Megan, the bride’s sister, opened the driver’s door and took away the keys.

“Get out of the car!” Megan ordered the driver and went towards her sister Drew who was standing next to her husband Damon.

  Damon and Drew kept watching in a surprise. Megan stood next to Martin the family friend who was greeting the newly wedded couple.

“Here you go.” Megan gave Drew the car keys and grinned.

“Huh?” Drew gazed at her puzzled.

“It’s our traditions that the bride drives her husband to the place where they spend their honey moon together, and after a month. The groom drives her to his place,” Martin explained.

“You want me to drive with the wedding dress?” Wrinkles appeared on the young bride’s forehead.

“I’m sorry to disappoint you guys, but Drew and I agreed to spend our honeymoon in our new apartment,” Damon interrupted.

“Traditions cannot be ignored.” Megan narrowed her eyes and gave Damon a warning look, she turned to Drew. “You know where to go.” She gave the bride the keys.

“Yeah, yea, I know.” The bride blew in a disbelief.

The two sisters kissed and hugged. “Don’t forget the loyality oath,” Megan whispered in Drew’s ears.

Damon gazed at the two sisters, Martin took Damon’s hand and shook it and hugged him.

"Wish you a long happy life,” Martin said with aloud voice and tapped on Damon’s back.



Drew took the keys from Megan and smiled, she got into the driver’s seat and waved to Martin and Megan as they waved back, then she put the seat belt on.



Damon got into the car and sat next to his newly wedded bride. Drew started the car and drove to the high way.

“So where are we going?”  Damon flirted with his eyes.

Drewturned hger face towards him, shook her forefinger. “no, it’s a surprise, our honeymoon surprise.” She paused and looked at his seat. “put on your seat belt. I am a bad driver.”

“As if that will scare me!” Damon smiled and leaned to kiss her, when he felt a huge pain in his ring finger, he tried to ignore it but he couldn’t.

“ooouch!” he gazed at his ring and found that it is glowing.

“Ops I forgot to tell you about that!” Drew moved her eyes towards him.

“about what?”

“Those two rings are unique, they aren’t just any wedding rings.” Drew gazed at her ring.

“Yeah, I realized that they glow in a form of a leaf printed on it.” Damon said while touching his ring.

“No, it isn’t just that.” Drew paused. “according to my family traditions, the groom has to swear loyalty oath before touching his woman as his wife, so he is given this ring that has a blue leaf inside it, when the oath is done the leaf appear and revolve around the man’s ring finger, as for the woman, she has to swear loyalty just before conciliating the marriage, so that the pink leaf in her ring revolves around her finger.”

“Lovely traditions!” the groom said, leaned towards his wife and whispered in her ears, “I will always swear my loyalty to you.” then kissed her.

Damon’s ring showed its blue leaf and it revolved around his finger tightly.

Drew watched the road, ops, I forgot the U turn! she thought. She hit the brakes.

“No brakes!” Drew cried.

She removed her legs from the peddles and waited till the car slowed a bit, opened Damon’s door, and pushed him out.

when something like that happen, don’t panic, just save the passengers and try to stop the car. she reminded herself. She could see her husband rolling in the street till he reached the pavement; she kept an eye on him till she saw him trying to move. Thank God she thought.



Drew thought of the hand brakes so she pulled it quickly, the car went out of control and it hit the mountain that was on her side, but the car didn’t stop moving but it slowed down. Drew realized that the fuel tank is leaking, and that the car got over the pavement next to the mountain.



Drew tried to get out of the car but her door wouldn’t open, and her seat belt was preventing her from getting out from Damon’s side.



She gazed at the rear mirror and realized that the car was on fire and it is getting close to the fuel tank, panicking and trying to get free from the seat belt but her wedding dress was getting in her way. Damon stood up and tried to approach but the fire had already hidden the car totally, he tried to gather up all the courage he got to save his bride, but it was too late, the car exploded before he could get in. the blue leaf kept glowing until it died but it was kept on his finger.  I lost her Damon thought while he cried next to the ruins of the car.



wc:850
© Copyright 2010 Nada Philippe (a.k.a: R.H.N) (rhmn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1711236-A-wedding-day