*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1712014-Bulletproof
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Other · #1712014
Not too sure about this one..Sorry if its rubbish :)
The shot rang threw my head, blasting any additional thought I may have had before out of its blood-curdling path. I stared at Chris' face, wondering which of us was hurt, but looking him up and down there was nothing and I wasn't feeling any pain. Then we knew.



Chris and I had been dating for five weeks when he introduced me to his friends. Some I knew from school, like Joe Wilson in the year above us, but others I knew just by reptutation, like Ryan Davis.

He was two years older than me and had been in foster care for the most part of his life. Rumour has it, that whenever he would get fostered, at least one of the family members ended up in hospital. Ryan also drove a motorbike, smoked and had been caught on numerous occasions with Casey Andrews, the school tart, behind the bike sheds. He was definately bulletproof; there was no doubt in my mind, or anyone elses', about it. One thing is certain: Ryan Davis scared me.



That night was when it happened. Chris and I were on our way back to mine, when a shuffle from behind told us we were not alone. Before we had time to turn around and face our persuer, we were gagged and stuffed in a cranky old transit van.



That is how we found ourselves in a room with Ryan, pointing a gun in our direction.

"Why Ryan?" stuttered Chris. Ryan raised one side of his mouth into a dangerous sneer.

"I've never been happy. Never had anythin' in my life worth fightin' for. Then Jane came along. And now, Chris you seem to have taken her away from me, and that's no good." Ryan sauntered over to our side of the room and spat in Chris' face. With one last ounce of courage, Chris exclaimed, "You think she'd take you after you'd killed me? I don't think so. You've just been destined to be alone for your whole life. Noone wants you ryan, just let us go and do your own thing!" With that, Ryan got the gun ready at his target. I wanted to scream out, kill Ryan myself, but I just couldn't. I shut my eyes as the trigger was pulled...



As we turned to the side, we found Ryan, huddled up on the floor, a bullet in his head. Destined to be alone...Not anymore.
© Copyright 2010 HannahhK (hannahhk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1712014-Bulletproof