*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1712977-Growing-in-love
by Shiva
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Family · #1712977
Can you prioritize love between your parents and your other half???
She felt his masculine arms tightly gripped around her while she smelled the warmth of his body on a dark cold January morning. The mere thought that she was going to be his wife send shivers all over her body. They both had left behind every relation, every possessions and every memory....just to unite their soul before the almighty! Right now she was happy inside out , imagining and designing the life she and her sweetheart Jay was going to have together. She came closer to him even more, not letting any space between them.

Just then her sweet thoughts were interrupted by a little baby girl crying profusely at the end of the bus stop. But before her senses were brought back to reality and could produce a reaction, a woman came running towards the girl and took the baby in her tender and assured arms.

Looking at the effusion of emotions between the mother and the child, her own memories rushed through her conscious. And her entire life passed before her eyes, of which her mother was an inseparable part!

Her mother was a tall, strong and confident woman whose heart tendered for no body, but her daughter. For the world she was a formidable advocate, a lioness, before whom people thought twice before expressing their opinion. But she had seen her fight through every adversity in life as a single mother and have also seen the scares which became worst as the days passed. Her sensitive mind opened up only for her. She had secretly seen her mother venting out her pain through tears silently. But shared no grief with her daughter. She kept nothing to herself but cared for the girl with all her soul as if every breathe she took, depended on her. Their relationship was so intimidate that even she never kept any secret from her mother...but the secret of her love for Jay couldn't convince her mother, "Don't act foolish Lily, or else you will die getting no where!" was all her mother said.

This was more than she could bear and decided to leave the house forever! She felt no feelings about her even while leaving the house. But now when she thought about her mother whose pain would deepen with the knowledge of her elopement filled her conscience!

Just then she remembered the words her mother had whispered in her ears, when her custody was given to her mother after her parents divorce, "My life is your my love. I will fight the world for you!"

Jay shook her and brought her back to the bus stop. The bus had arrived. But her feet were rooted in the ground. She looked at Jay with teary eyes, apologizing, and started walking away from him. But she barely took few steps when suddenly she stopped with a start, as she felt his smooth, tender hands holding her and his eyes penetrating deep in hers, displayed nothing but love. They walked together, as the first rays of sun across the sky announced the arrival of a new day! Indeed it was a new dawn in their life!
© Copyright 2010 Shiva (positiva at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1712977-Growing-in-love