*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1713078-Wilmot-Promo
Rated: E · Preface · Romance/Love · #1713078
Well, I think this story certainly brings out the hopeless romantic in me.
He gave her self-esteem-
"I don't even have to make you a goddess; you already are one."

And she gave him confidence-
"Opinions are meaningless. These things are your heart, your masterpieces. They deserve to be noticed."

Both were looking for a passion, but both of their families kept them back.
"For me, my father is too protective, but for you, your father was not considerate enough."

Marcus Wilmot, son of Johnathan Wilmot, the second Earl of Rochester, has been shunned upon for the personality of his father ever since others knew of his existence. Being a man of the arts just like his father, Marcus is in search of a lady for him to sketch and tutor for an upcoming series of plays that express love to its fullest extent. Traveling from country to country, continent to continent, and colony to colony, he has failed to look upon London, where his shining star awaits.
Jane Van Dort, a blooming black rose on Fleet Street, has never experienced anything besides working in her father's butcher shop, cutting out the guts from all assortments of animals day by day. However, during the wee hours of the night she reads Shakespeare, acts out parts from Romeo and Juliet, and runs a restaurant in the abandoned house across the street, hoping to someday raise enough money to run away and become the actress she truly desires to be.
After the two meet and secretly elope, they decide to trust each other and work together to create a masterpiece of theater that will change the hearts of many...even the ones who opposed their collaboration.

A love story of art and imagination; Wilmot.
© Copyright 2010 Annabel Crow (hurrgenfloggy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1713078-Wilmot-Promo