*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1713102-Dark
by Bad
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1713102
A simple story of the birth of a murderer.
Dark


You know that place between life and death? Right when you realize everything you knew was a lie― when you’re at the mercy of a murderer. I love seeing that in their eyes.
For in this very world, I will continue to kill.
_________________________________________________________________

For 13years I was locked in a black cell. I was rarely fed, never saw light, and lived in my own restroom. All I knew was this darkness. It was the whole world to me. For 5 years, I would have a visitor every day. He came and told me stories from the Bible. I didn’t understand why in these stories people always died. Cain and Abel… People of Solomon… Jesus… God even killed everyone on Earth.

I started to wonder if death was all there was to this life.

One day my only company in this whole world vanished. For a week he did not show. I was so use to him being here every day, bringing me food twice a week. I depended on it. Then a woman came. On the first day she gave me clothes and food. For the next 5 years, however, she revealed the world to me. She told me about how the world did not live like this. They have love, friends, and family. They can see the sun, moon, sky, and stars. They have warmth when it’s cold or a spring breeze when it’s hot.
Those 5 years were my angriest. I often cried when she talked. This life I didn’t know of made me angry. Why couldn’t I live that life? After 5 years of this, she left me too.

I waited for the next person. Wondered what they would say. I wondered if they lived in luxury. The thought made me angry all over again. A week later, they came. The woman was the same person, but she had a male with her who seemed familiar. Then he told me how he was there since I was born and how he was the one who told me the Bible stories. The woman asked me if I knew what needed to be done to end my anger. I remember her asking if I wanted those people to feel the darkness I feel. I had said yes. Those people living in luxury don’t deserve it, I do. The man spoke again and told me to kill. Kill them all. So they can feel like me.
For the next 3years they taught me every day how to kill people― choking, stabbing, and even suffocating. They taught me how to carefully cover my tracks. I was told if I made a single wrong move, and got caught, the luxury people would put me back here. A way of them telling me this is where

“You belong.”
“I won’t let them catch me”
“Good. Come. We are leaving.”
“Where are we going?”
“Just come.”          

He grabbed my hand and we started to walk. There were a lot of twist and turns. Eventually I heard a baby crying in the distance. We had come to a door, where you could hear the baby crying on the other side. They opened the door and stepped aside. Inside was a crying baby under a ray of light on a table. I was stunned― it was my first time seeing light. The woman spoke.

“This baby cries even though it has the luxury of light, when you never did. What shall you do?”

I didn’t hesitate. I walked over to the baby and snapped it’s neck.

“You don’t deserve the luxury.”

The baby was silent.

“And now you know darkness as I do.”

I looked behind me. They were smiling.

“You’re ready.”
_________________________________________________________________

You know that place between life and death? Right when you realize everything you knew was a lie…

-Tina (Bad)
*Special Thanks To Kaye For Looking Over / Editing With Me
*Thanks To Mary For Reading And Commenting

© Copyright 2010 Bad (badliltina at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1713102-Dark