*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1714223-Future-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Other · #1714223
A Future that is entirely possible.
Sun beating down upon a large, crop-ridden field. around the field is dry, desert, but the crops flourish. A woman works in thick, jean-like material that is light and airy. Her loose shirt is recycled, and she wears no shoes. Dark brown hair tied up in a bun behind her head. She is surrounded by peaceful, serene, hot dirt, and is up to her knees in the latest organic creations.

She picks a bug off one plant, sure that the nest must be around somewhere. She has known no other life, and was raised on this farm. Each week water is carefully measured and brought out; forcing her to choose which plants should retain life. Her skin was tan from years working, and pre-set wrinkles appeared on her face not too long ago.

She hears a sound. Like a scuffle in the dirt. Raising her head from its bent condition, she turns toward it, sure someone else was nearby. But before her lied a dog. Or a puppy. He was chewing on a small bone, of which many can be found nearby. She cocks her head and stares, as the puppy stares back. He then rolled in the dust and turned away from her. Turning back, he left into the field and was gone from her vision, as quick as thunderstorms lightning.

Within her, a feeling stirs. She blinks and attempts to analyze this feeling. It made her chest and neck and face feel like smiling, and lighting up. She raises rough hands to her face and pulls the muscles back into their straightened look, and represses the feeling.

She decides to speak with the doctor after this investigation; he'd have medicine for this.
© Copyright 2010 Zolent Silent Kiole (ublubian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1714223-Future-1