*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1714265-Problems-With-Todays-Hip-Hop-Culture
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Draft · Music · #1714265
Problems in today's "New-Age Youth"
Although it may be entertaining to hear of the latest industry "poser" getting his chain snatched or reading the tell-all story of the latest groupie, you have to consciously sit back and think about how this newer culture is affecting our youth. The latest song from your favorite "Trap Rapper" is catchy (especially in the club). In fact it doesn't take much talent to become a millionaire in today's new age industry. In fact, a video on the prestigious "You Tube" could get you a million-dollar contract with one of today's biggest record companies. With one hit single you can achieve success with a ringtone as opposed to the former way to prosper in the music industry (selling records,radio play, ETC). It has become too easy to become a role model to our youth this day in age & our judgment has been affected by the profit being made off of fellow youth (ex: Soulja Boy). Conscious & positive MC's are being pushed further underground into a genre called "Adult Contemporary Hip-Hop". Meanwhile the genre formerly known as "Gangsta Rap" is being pushed into "Hip-Hop" which is misleading. This is an example of damaging the youth to make profits. Amping up "beef" to get little Ahmed to purchase the mixtape of his favorite rapper "dissing" his current foe. I believe that this is where the problems begin. Teen violence rises and tragic incidents (like the murder of Derrion Albert) start happening. We are all responsible, WAKE-UP! Of course there is a link between the spike in teen pregnancy and Nicki Minaj's new extra large butt pads! Excuse me for stating the obvious, but if we don't make a change to a more conscious, positive way of entertaining the "youthful" masses....there will no longer be any masses!
© Copyright 2010 Rita Morant (laritamorant at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1714265-Problems-With-Todays-Hip-Hop-Culture