*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1714824-The-Explosion-Chapter-two
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Alicia
Rated: 13+ · Other · Crime/Gangster · #1714824
Second part yay
It was only a 3 mile walk to the schoolhouse.  Amar was just about the fastest runner of all of them. Adkil And Adara saw him dissapear into a cloud of dust, faintly coughing. But, now they were alone.



"So...Adara," Akil cleared his throat. "Do you? Um.. Do..Never mind.." he stuttered stupidly.

Adara was angry at Akil now. Talking to him had used to be as easy as pie about a year ago. Now it was terribly akward, and Adara hated feeling like she was always doing something wrong that would make him nervous and stutter.  She turned around about to go home.



"No! Adara wait!" Akil tryed grabbing her lightly and turning her around, but her body fought.

"Please Akil , don't." She said, trying to get loose of his grip.

"Adara. Just look at me for a second, damnit!" Akil didn't like being rude to her, but better to get her attention. Adara whipped around in a split second. Akil then saw why she didn't want to show her face. Her dark face had tear lines running down her chin to her dress.

"Adara, I'm sorry. What did I do?" Akil took his thumb and gentley brushed it over her face, wiping her tears away.

"It's just that...Ever since a few months ago, you always seem nervous around me. I don't like it at all because it makes me feel like I've done something wrong."

Instead of replying, Akil turned his head in the direction of the school, a pained expression on his face. She would never know why. So he forced his feet to walk in the direction of the school, leaving Adara crying , in a Pakistan desert.













Adara ran the entire way back. She stopped at Akil's house though, because his mother was like hers too. She burst through the front door, boiling mad now. His mother, Bahiya, was kneading dough on her kitchen table.

"Wow Adara, why are you so angry?" Adara didn't even have to tell Bahiya. Her energy was basically radiating around the room.

"It's Akil...One second he is my friend, now he acts like he doesn't even know me!" Adara wanted to scream, she was sad, but also boiling angry.

Bahiya stopped kneading, and a widespread grin fell across her face. "Child, Just wait. Cool down a minute. I'm sure you will know soon."

"Well ok. I think I'm going to go nap a little bit. You don't mind do you?"

"No, of course not. Take Akil's room."



Adara inched into Akil's room. It was clean-partially. She plopped down on the bed. Her eyes wouldn't close at first, but she eventually came around to it.

When Adara awoke, It was nearly dark. But she did not see anyone around. Bahiya must've been asleep, and Akil must be still in school. Adara did not have time to wait for him, or look for Bahiya. So she started on her way home. It was pitch black outside already.

Adara usually stayed over at Akil's house. She disliked her father very much. He was a secretive man and hardly stayed home. Adara turned the last corner to get to her house. And couldn't believe her eyes.

© Copyright 2010 Alicia (allicia11 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1714824-The-Explosion-Chapter-two