*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1714829-Places
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Other · #1714829
a boy finds his brother so he can learn to hunt
Written for the Daily Flash Fiction Challenge with a word limit of 300.

The prompts: This story must contain the words bullet, legend, and ice
~~~

Places...

He stared into the lifeless eyes of the beast that now had a silver bullet through its head.

"I win." Alex, a living legend for killing the "mythical creatures," turned from the body and began walking. His feet dragged across the area of ice people liked to call Russia. His name for it- hell on earth, but colder.

"Alex! Wait for me!"

He knew that voice all too well. Wishing it wasn't who he thought it was, he stopped and waited for the voice to catch up.

"Where have you been?" The boy walked around to stand directly in front of Alex, and looked straight up at him.

"Places" was all that Alex said as he pushed past the kid.

"That's what you said when you left home 6 years ago!"

"You were too young to understand then Jake."

"Well I'm not now!"

Jake was right, though Alex hated admitting it.

"I want to help you Alex."

"I don't need your help!" He sighed and corrected himself. "It's not that I don't need your help." He paused and thought for a few seconds. "I just don't want anything to happen to you. This is a dangerous job and I've already lost one brother doing it."

Jake grabbed the crossbow out of his backpack and smiled.

"Teach me how to fight and we'll be fine."

Alex couldn't help but to smile too. His little brother always was able to make him smile.

"Let's go Jake." They had just started to walk when Alex stopped and turned to look at him. "Just don't do anything stupid, ok?"

word count-265
© Copyright 2010 lilamae (lilamae at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1714829-Places