*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1714964-Frankenstein-and-the-Ghost
by Dude
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Contest · #1714964
Two classic monsters meet at a party-dialogue 500 contest
“So, you’re supposed to be a ghost?”

“Yeah, pretty lazy huh?”

“Not really.  Actually, I think it’s a good idea because it’s simple and you can hide underneath the sheet.”

“Well, if truth be told, I am also naked, except for a sports bra.  I just felt like being extra weird tonight.  What about you?  Why did you dress up as Frankenstein?”

“You want to talk about lazy?  I wore this same costume at a party last year and I was so indolent this year that I went with the same old thing, but I was living in California last year so I figured I was safe here in New York.”

“Did you move here or are you visiting?” 

“I just moved here a couple weeks ago and I work with Terry, who invited me.  Did you say you were naked under there?”

“How about you?  What’s your story?”

“I used to date Terry but we ended up just being friends.  He’s a great guy but there was no spark.”

“So what makes you ‘spark’?”

“Not Terry.”

“Actually, I just met Terry today, but he seems nice and at least he invited me to his party.”

“He is nice, just not my type.  Is that green make up hard to get off?”

“It’s the worst.  Last year I was in Santa Barbara for Halloween, with some old buddies from college, at a party down near UCSB and we really got into the bottle.  I was so hungover the next morning that when we got up to go to breakfast, I still had smudges of green face paint all over my hands, neck, and face.  I looked like a walking Monet painting.”

“That’s funny. After a horrific childhood incident with face paint I vowed never to paint my face ever again.”

“I wish I could see your face.  It’s awkward talking to you without knowing what you look like.”

“”Well, likewise, Frank.  What is your name anyway?”

“I’m Jimmy.  How about you, Casper?”

“Amy.”

“Well, Amy, since you’re naked under your sheet I don’t suppose the situation is going to change to where I could see your face?  Would you like to go to dinner sometime this week?  It would be kind of a blind date.”

“You’re not some kind of axe murderer are you?”

“Only tonight, but I’m willing to adapt.”

“You are funny.”

“So is it a date?”

“Yes, if Terry will vouch for you.” 

“Well seeing how I just met him today I’m sure he’ll have nothing but good things to say about me, although it is early and I haven’t put any lamp shades on my head yet.”

“We’ll all hope for an honorable performance.”

“All in good fun.  I’ll get your number from Terry and call you about dinner.”

“Sounds great.”


WORD COUNT: 465
© Copyright 2010 Dude (elliot.lowe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1714964-Frankenstein-and-the-Ghost