*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1715054-Article-Query
by Lori
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Writing · #1715054
A letter to the editor of a state historical magazine
Dear Editor,

In reading your magazine I have noticed that most of the covered areas surround cities to the north or in the center of Ohio. Much is left unsaid about the southern communities, in particular, where I live, Lawrence County.

Lawrence County is just as rich in history as any of the others. At one time Lawrence County was the world renown producer of pig iron, a stop on the underground railroad, and we also sent many of our boys to fight wars such as the American Civil War and both World Wars. Its county seat was home to the second richest woman in the world and only female Ironmaster.

As stated before, I live in Lawrence County. I am prepared to write an article on the county's history for your consideration. If you accept and wish more I would be glad to offer other articles each covering a different topic connected to the history of Lawrence County. Thank you for your time.


Sincerely,

Loretta J. Cooper
© Copyright 2010 Lori (lori67 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1715054-Article-Query