*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1715485-Describing-A-Wreck
by shades
Rated: E · Short Story · Spiritual · #1715485
A short story? i wrote when i was 15, a descrition of the Titanic, constructive criticism.
Titanic… Once Glorified… Now Silenced…

Condemned are the souls trapped in eternal servitude to the unforgiving sea, manning their ship, hoping to ride out the silver lining, naïve to the true tragedy.

Titanic sank on the 15th of April 1912 2.30pm, since then even time has stopped, succumbing to the nostalgic melody of the sea.

Rust coats the once ornamented railings, seaweed clings to the precipitous walls and heavy doors with such determination that which it looks like not even death could muster the courage needed to separate the two.
It is hard to believe that men, women and children once walked upon this ravaged vessel, their possessions still scatter the sea floor, beckoning the unsuspecting treasure hunters to admire their intoxicating aura. It pains the soul to see such a proud ship deserted, to watch it being gradually torn apart…

Not a lot is known about Titanic’s last few moments above water; one thing that is known though is the fact that Titanic will not endure, neither will the memories, us humans are but short-lived creatures. It is remorseful that such a illustrious ship will one day become but a whisper in the esoteric sea.

A spectre of iron and rust lies forgotten on the ocean floor.
© Copyright 2010 shades (shadows987 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1715485-Describing-A-Wreck