*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1715990-Revenge
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1715990
A short sketch, loosely allegoric.
The Goddess laughed. Her eyes were amused , but grim with satisfaction. She gazed upon her nemesis. A strange aura emanated from her, an impenetrable white shield, rising from an inner secret of power.

“Your quest for revenge upon me has destroyed you more completely than any revenge I could have chosen. I do not need to defeat you, demon. I am beyond your power. My bondage was my own choice, as is my freedom. You deluded yourself into thinking that you chained me, for you have chained nothing but yourself. I have always been free.

Your murky claws can reach me, but they cannot touch me. Your black soul cannot sully my aura. The sacred touch of Life has healed the scars of your attack, and lighted in me the all consuming fire of passion. I revel in Life; I revel in my Beauty, I revel in the power of my Being. I revel in the knowledge that my revenge is complete because you are now my slave. And you do not know.

You sought to bind a Goddess to you with your demoniac bonds. You succeeded only in chaining yourself to a Power you can never conquer. This is true Justice – that you suffer what you sought to inflict upon me”

She laughed again and turned away. The demon watched her with red rimmed eyes, still believing that he held the chain. As she walked, the chain dragged him with her, but he could not hold her back. He who had thought to master was the one enslaved.

The mountains and the heavens echoed her laughter.
© Copyright 2010 Seagull (thotjotter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1715990-Revenge