*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1716045-In-the-Parking-Lot
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Other · #1716045
a woman rushing to catch a party.
Last Thursday, there was that big party that the magazine I work for made for becoming the number one magazine in the middle east. I didn’t want to go but what can I do I was the Editor!

The party was made in a very fancy hotel, the owner of the magazine was invited. I had to wear my best dress, put on my full make up, I had to be the perfect woman that day.

After getting ready for the party, I drove my car directly to the hotel, but apparently I had spent more time in front of the mirror to realize that I arrived late and all the parking in the hotel had been taken. I decided to go look for a place to park my car. I found that deserted parking lot, so I parked my car, and due to my rush I forgot my purse and keys inside my car. I was too busy to care I was supposed to be the first one there to greet the owner.

I ran to the hotel, passed through the security, and finally I reached to the reception where the party was held.

Once I entered the lights went off and the Owner went up to the stage to congratulate the managers and of course me the Editor, but when my name was announced the lights didn’t focus on me like the rest of the managers, I raised my hands, jumped but no body realized maybe because the lights were off. I thought.

When the Owner went down the stage, I went directly to greet him and congratulate him for being the number one magazine, but he just smiled, he didn’t even look at me. I went to the managers to drink and celebrate with them, they all were happy and drunk.

After the party was over, I went back to the deserted parking lot to go back home, but I forgot about my purse and the car keys, until I saw my purse in the car. I decided to go back to the hotel and try to get help.

On the way to the hotel I kept hearing voices, at the beginning I thought it might be the wind, but then I realized that they were human voices, I could hear them talk.
“poor girl.” The voice chuckled
“yeah, she don’t know what’s waiting for her. Mwhahaha”

I found a telephone booth near the parking lot, so I decided to call my husband to come help me. I hold the telephone headset and was surprised to know that I can make a call without paying a penny. I was penniless that day. I dialed the numbers and waited for my husband to answer.
“hello?”
“hi, there Hun, I need your help, can you come and get me, I am in a deserted parking lot near the hotel, please come fast.” I rushed the words, I was scared, alone in the middle of the night and what’s worse in a deserted place. I heard lots of crimes happen in such situations.

Few moments later, my husband appeared, I rushed towards him, but I was surprised by his reaction, he totally neglected me, and ran towards the car. He went down his knees and kept crying. I went towards the car to find out that my head was resting on the wheel, blood coming out of my mouth. I am dead. my husband called the police but they said it was a natural death.
© Copyright 2010 Nada Philippe (a.k.a: R.H.N) (rhmn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1716045-In-the-Parking-Lot