*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1716078-Sailor-and-the-Islanders
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1716078
Just a plot idea that popped into my head. Its the 'foreword' and opening paragraph.
The Foreword

A man is naturally curious. We, as a species, have always looked into the skies and pondered the stars. Are we alone? Are we servants of a higher power? Science has played a big part in our development and understanding of our World, but we still have the ability to have faith in the unbelievable or the unseen. For this, we are a great race.


***


The Sailor looked upon the Islanders with a natural curiosity. His face was baked from the sun but his western roots was still apparent. He smiled at the whispering crowd waving his hands in his air.
"H-e-l-l-o." He annunciated.
The whispering grew louder. Who were these people? The washed-in man thought.
"Do - any - of - you - speak -English?" He knew there was a very slim chance of anyone on this island speaking the same language. All they seemed to do was click with their tongues and mutter.
"I - have - been - ship - wrecked." The Sailor made a gesture which could be only described as a poor reconstruction of a famous marine disaster.
© Copyright 2010 mintmeister (mintmeister at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1716078-Sailor-and-the-Islanders