*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1716454-Myspace-Drama-Loyalty-USMC
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Editorial · Drama · #1716454
What is going on in the writer's community of Myspace... Right Now


Drama Has Saved Your Lives... Believe It

Current mood:  validated

Category: News and Politics

Note to reader(s):





  I am fairly new to MySpace, for as old as I am;





And I have once had the opportunity to spend a few years on one of the most effective teams in all of recorded history….





  This has enabled me to see something that kind of sticks out like a dog’s balls in regard to something that is missing within the culture of the younger crowd of Americans these days





  How many people have heard of the word “Loyalty”, and of you that have, how many remember what it means?





  Now, as is plainly evident here on MySpace… the ‘thirty something’ and older crowd have no trouble at all [or perhaps have fair amount of trouble, depending on the point of view ] with this concept. To get an idea of what I mean, head to top bloggerville and take a look at the prodigal amount of ‘drama blogging’ that is happening at this very moment. Every bit of it, is all the result of loyalty. All of it. When one says something derogatory about another…. They can take it to the bank that there will be allies that swiftly team up for the ensuing shit storm. While these teams are fortifying in their camps… getting set for the battles.. hasty ambushes…frontal assaults…. single or double envelopments; attacking the enemy by fire and maneuver and repelling the enemy’s assault by fire and close combat…….





  There will be yet a third group- the neutral ones- getting their asses set up on the sidelines with plenty of popcorn, and with [in some cases] a gallon of gasoline or two to sprinkle onto the fires from their positions of safety when things seem to be getting dull for them. This third group, whether they realize it or not, represent a third team.





  Let me tell you people something…. All of this “Drama” is absolutely necessary…It is a result of loyalty, and it’s offspring, “teamwork”.





  I will provide another analogy of this concept- something that I have witnessed ‘from the inside’ on countless occasions.





  Anyone ever heard of the United States Marine Corps? This is an organization that has (or had, when I was serving) within its ranks a level of drama that makes MySpace drama look like the child’s play that it is, comparatively speaking. Let’s look at racism…. The words ‘honkey’ and ‘nigger’, and ‘cracker’ were thrown around every f*cking day in most of the units I was attached to. And every single time these bombs were dropped…they were fighting words. I’m not talking about MySpace fights… but the kind of fights where people get bloodied up, skinned up, get their backs dirty from mopping the floor, and knocked unconscious. I have had fights where I spent one minute fighting the guy, and five minutes fighting to get away from him. These fights resulted in punishments that ranged from additional ass kickings to article 15’s to courts marshal on occasion.





  The result? When the time came for us to band together to fight an enemy of the country… in most cases over the last 235+ years, that enemy didn’t stand a chance. They never knew what hit them.





In world war one the Germans came up with a name for marines….. “Devil Dogs”





  Skribbler, and Hardcase, and Stone Crazy…. My hat is off to you. All of you.





You may think of yourselves as enemies… but rest assured, if and when the time comes, you will find yourselves banding together in half a heartbeat to vanquish a Real enemy.





  Drama is necessary. Strife is essential. You grow from it, eventually. You learn from it. You benefit from it.





  One more thing. If the servicemen of America over the past couple of hundred years had a lifestyle of touchy feely, everyone gets along all the time, hugs instead of asskickings….





  Then America would have long since been bitch slapped to its knees, divided and conquered by the many America haters in the world. Then all of the liberals [and conservatives too] would REALLY have  something to bitch about. We would have to bitch about it only in the privacy of our own bathrooms, and do it in the language of our conquerors.





  You youngsters: loyalty is not a bad thing… it is a good thing.





Four people working as a team are more effective and stronger than 16 people working as individuals





Believe it





9:51 AM87 Comments20 Kudos



Read more: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.viewcustom&friendId=505702434...

© Copyright 2010 way2aware (way2aware at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1716454-Myspace-Drama-Loyalty-USMC