*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1716557-Him
by Tarryn
Rated: E · Monologue · Personal · #1716557
the inner thoughts that i let out on paper rather than face reality.
She gazed at him from across the room her eyes filled with sadness only he could bring. His eyes searched the room and passed straight over her to a girl only a metre away she smiled and waved and he waved back with a gorgeous smile to match.
Her heart stopped and in her own mind she could hear it shatter into millions of pieces. She was the only one in the room to hear it, no one felt the way it ripped her chest apart, no one else was drowning the tears she held back, and no one suffocated as her breath escaped her.
A comforting arm knotted with hers, with a smile to reassure her not all was lost, but in her heart she was lost, lost to him, lost to his eyes, lost to his laugh and lost to a love that would never be returned. Her lips rose at either side to form a smile in return, there was no happiness behind it only bitter sadness.

She heard nothing and saw no one but him. She turned back from the comforting arm to his face and he was looking at her a sadness that mirrored hers in his own eyes. Away they turned from her face but still they burnt through her, body and soul.
An inconsolable heart was hers with his gaze. Delusion or truth was impossible to determine though she swore to heavens his eyes burned with her own sadness could she delude herself to believe the sadness was for her?

His words to her last had been of hate and despise neither love nor compassion for the breaking heart she held. Did he regret his words as she regretted the actions that had led to them? Did his heart ache for her own, was his body so attuned to hers he could feel when she was near as though a sixth sense for her.

But she couldn’t believe the delusion though she tried hard to. But deep in her lonely heart she knew he would never love her as she loved him, she knew he would fill his bed with girl after girl to satisfy his own loneliness a place she once had rested her head too.
She missed it now as she missed him. She missed the feel of his warm skin against hers, the feel of his unwashed hair and his lips to hers. How could she love another when he held her heart so securely without even realising it?

The night air is cool and fills her senses. She is able to think, able to forget his smell and his taste on her lips she loses herself to the night once more we he cannot find her and cannot hurt her, where she cannot be lost in the sight of him.

Unrequited love will be the breaking of her heart, and all she can do is suffer.
© Copyright 2010 Tarryn (tarryn89 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1716557-Him