*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1717060-entry-for-FLASH-1017
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1717060
Before the "I DO", She Did!
As he stood at the alter, he reflected on the last few weeks.What a whirlwind! They had met on-line, an instant connection, the first meeting at the bowling arcade (now his second love !), the desire! She was beautiful!

That romantic break in Paris, popping the question, She saying yes! That night....

And now, before everyone, he couldn't have been happier!

Across the country, at the same time as the newlyweds stepped into their waiting carriage that would whisk them to the hotel, two men stepped into the cool interior of a small church. Nodody paid much attention to them.
They followed the small procession shuffling behind the plain wood coffin.
As lead detectives in the case, they felt some degree of sympathy for the body it contained.
Murdered.
No suspects, no witnesses, no motive.
So, finally,  they had to release his body.
"I hope his poor wife finds some happiness", the big one said.
"Yeah, such a shame. Only three months married." the small one answered, shaking his head slowly.
"I'll never forget her. She was so beautiful, and so sad" Big said.
"Well, where ever she is now, I hope she's OK"  Small mused, as the priest stood up to the pulpit, ready to give some comforting words to the small gathering.....


As she stood there, he couldn't help the tears forming at the corners of his eyes.

Could it all be real? Such happiness?

"...and, so, last of all, I present this gift to my new husband!" she had said.
The bowling-ball was fabulous. It looked vintage, in a vintage carrycase, and as she bent down to kiss him, she whispered;
"I hope it brings you as much excitement as it did me."
"Oh, it will, I'm sure!", he gushed.
Yes, it will...








© Copyright 2010 Markymark (brannick at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1717060-entry-for-FLASH-1017