*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1717699-Jane-Austen-21st-Century-Woman
by Bonnie
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Satire · #1717699
Jane is given ALL POWER, she uses it to bring her characters into the new Millennium
Arch-Angels Annual Spa Day was here. It ended the Pre-Halloween Conference every year.

God liked them relaxed and refreshed before their busiest night in the earth year calendar.

"A very strong message from the boss! "remarked Gabriel, "I want to win BIG!"

"Whom have you chosen to give the keys of the Kingdoms to Michael?" Raphael inquired.

"A worthy hand maiden, she has proven herself on earth and in heaven…Jane Austen."

"She excelled my expectations. I took her to earth for the necessary training. She is a keen people watcher; in fact, she has been in the Lamb's book of name's room working furtively. Her fingers flying over the keyboard, I quite believe she has re-written the book, so to speak."

Jane arrived at the transporter room her father standing humbly behind her.

Michael handed her over the keys, "Jane. You have all power until we return."

Off they went.

Jane tossed the keys to her father.

"Dad, you look after the kingdoms, nothings happening today. Rumor has it that God and Lucifer meets to select the battleground for the big rumble."

"Rumble my dearest daughter whatever does that word mean?" he was horrified at her attitude.

"Take a chill pill Dad, I'm off to earth. I have a meeting with a publisher."

He stood open mouthed as she entered the transporter.

Halloween night came the armies gathered above a certain place in Lower Manhattan.

Victorious as always, the Heavenly hosts returned to rapturous applause. They celebrated at the annual All Saints Bash.

Months later in a bedroom, as the last page of a book was read.

The reader laughed heartily, " Mr. Darcy caught sextexting Mr.Bingley. They had been gay lovers for years."

The last sentence read, Mrs. Darcy seen lunching with Ivana Trump. Unsure about which divorce attorney to choose, either Robyn Gibson's or Elin Woods.

"Go, Elizabeth." she cried as she closed her favorite book.

*****
© Copyright 2010 Bonnie (bonniemarie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1717699-Jane-Austen-21st-Century-Woman