*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1717757-The-Widower-part-two
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Death · #1717757
Part 2 about my wife.

WIDOWER (part 2)

He had been thinking about her a lot the last few days,that special day was quickly aproaching.He was getting reminders all over the place.
The night before he was standing outside,looked up and relized that it would be a full moon on their 'night'.
That day,during the day,he made plans for the evening.Once off work he made a few stops before heading home.Stopped at the store and bought a bottle of wine.Stopped at another store and bought 10 of their special flowers,one for each of the years they had been married.
He arrived at the cemetary a little before dark. He stepped over to the grave,kneeled and pushed one hand into the dirt covering her grave.
"Hey Babe," he murmered.." Happy anniversery honey.."
He stayed like that for a moment reaching out mentally...trying to feel her,knowing he would'nt.
He stood and went back to the truck...he carried a picnic chair over and placed it beside the grave...then brought the flowers and the small cooler of beer.
He used a few fingers to make a hole for the flowers....He settled into the chair and opened a beer.......He leaned forward and poured half the beer onto the grave then drank the rest of it...."Here's to you My Love......"
He drank another beer then pulled a joint from his pocket fired it up and smoked half of it......then he buried the roach near the headstone.
He relaxed and watched the full moon come up...all the time remembering their 'full moon' nights

Later he put the chair in the truck,made sure he had left no trash.He dropped to one knee beside the grave,this time pushing both hands into the soil of her grave.....Again,he felt for her again knowing he would'nt.......he sighed....and murmered.."No doubt,Babe..........No Doubt."
He sighed again,then pushed to his feet.He walked over to the truck and got in and started the motor.
He glanced over at her grave "till next time Babe.I love you. "
he put the truck in gear and went home.



© Copyright 2010 RuffRiter (ruffriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1717757-The-Widower-part-two