*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1718385-Fading-Away
Rated: E · Short Story · Spiritual · #1718385
Ginger doesn't know why she sleeps so much come and find out with her why she sleeps.
Fading Away

Intro: Past




   

    Ginger woke up feeling like a bus had hit her so she stretched and reached for the ceiling in order to rid this uncomfortable feeling of discomfort and took time to look around her room.  She spotted a poster of Three Days Grace singing "Home" on the side of her wall near the window with her light blue curtains drawn. She felt a smile creep upon her features but slowly it faded as she looked around her blueberry covered walls again trying to get herself motivated to get up for another Monday of dreadful school, she hates Mondays because of that particular reason but you have to have education to get somewhere to be somebody ya know,  "Ginger are you awake sleepy-head?"  Ginger pretended that she didn't hear her mother calling her, so she put on her ear phones, turned on her i-pod, which was left on Three Days Grace file, and "Just Like You" started to play.  Ginger murmured the lyrics,

You thought you were standing beside me, you were only in my way your wrong if you think that I'll be Just Like You..  Her mother walked in at the very last word of that one part and slammed her fist on the wall, breaking Ginger from her trance in the song.  She took off her head-phones to her i-pod and asked her mother what was wrong. Ginger's mother responded by going over to her and slapping Ginger across the face before she stormed out the door of Ginger's room with not even giving her daughter so much as a glance as the door was left open for the upcoming screaming and wailing to up-rise from her Ginger's throat.  Ginger watched her mother leave her room in a haste, she put her hand to her burning cheek as tears began to wail up in her eyes.  Her mother reached her own room just across from Ginger's room down the hallway and turned around and gave Ginger a dominion look of victory over her daughter. Ginger screamed in agony and shouted hateful words that were supposed to hurt and disrespect her mother emotionally but she only laughed at the hurtful words being said from her only child. She laughed like a demonic witch and threw her hands around her stomach in order to rid the pain wailing up in her stomach from the laughter. Ginger couldn't stop her tears or her hatred that failed from hiding any longer.  Her mother wiped the tears from her eyes and looked up at Ginger from the still opened door of her room and made an evil grin. Ginger shivered. Oh no She got up as her mother made a run for Ginger's door and screamed like a mad wild woman using sailor words aimed towards Ginger. Her mother was closing in on the opening of her room as Ginger slammed the door of her mothers face. Her mother's voice could be heard on the other side of her door as shouts could be heard throughout their little town. Ginger began to cry again as her mother was banging on her door urging Ginger to let her in. Her mother finally bust through the door soon after sirens could be heard throughout the night thin sky.

    A woman walked into a plain white room upon hearing a girl weeping and chocking sobs.  "Ginger what's wrong, honey?" Ginger scared the woman with her sitting up-right from being touched on the shoulder and felt her face for a burning sensation which was not present at all. The woman tried to talk to Ginger and calm her down as Ginger took her hand away from her cheek and began inspecting it as if searching for something wrong as tears were filling up at the edges of her eyes trying to hold a failing smile. "So it just a dream after-all?" She was taken aback at Ginger's question. "Ginger sweet-heart are you alright? Honey what's wrong with you? Did you have that dream again?" After one final attempt to hold down the tears all of her pride fell down like rain. Marla Moses, Ginger Scruffs step-mother, moved closer to her and gave Ginger nothing but a big hug of love and comfort as Ginger revealed what her dream was about to Marla which only made her hold her even tighter. After a moment when Ginger finally settled down she fell asleep in her step mothers lap like a child on a rainy day.
© Copyright 2010 Poet writer (narusasuluvr18 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1718385-Fading-Away