*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1718413-Fading-Away-Chapter-2
Rated: E · Short Story · Entertainment · #1718413
Ginger is at the wrong place at the wrong time and is saved by an unsuspected man.
Fading Away



You Saved Me?
{/center}



    Ginger was going on her morning jog at 4:38 in the morning with the cool morning breeze hitting her sun-kissed face and her dark brown hair flowing behind her in the morning fog really made Ginger feel at peace during this time when no one bothers her with anything at all...to her it was heaven on earth.  Ginger decides to take a short cut through the forest to her step mothers house; but little did she know, the dangers that await for her in the forest on this foggy Saturday morning with a breeze so fine and the tulips in bloom on this glorious Spring morning.  An hour or so later Ginger arrives at the old local park where the benches were placed around the parks "Fountain of Fame" as they called it where all of the famous people made their wishes come true just at the flip of a coin.  She sat down on one of the benches that was rugged, flushed, and so flimsy out of shape that two Harley Davidson boots placed on the benched that it would break.  It was still foggy this Saturday Spring morning but Ginger didn't have a care in the world at the moment, she became tired and weak from her jogging so she decided to chance the flimsy benches she was surprised that it didn't break with her full weight on top of the bench even though she resembled a tooth pickLINK TEXT HERE  

    LINK TEXT HERE Smoke filled this foggy morning air as men came out of the forest leading to the park one of the men reaching for the carton in the other mans hand like a child reaching for a newly found toy on the Eve of Christmas tree (lol).  "Hey man, don't hog up my last smoke!", said the first man irritated at his friends neediness LINK TEXT HERE .  "This is my first time getting it dude, so just chill out.", said the second man irritably at his friend for not letting him get his turn properly.  "Dudes, stop and look over there on the bench. It's a girl....sleeping on the bench?", said the third man, confusion feeling his words with curiosity and regret.  The first two men had an evil grin like the Grinch upon their features that seemed to linger and never wanting to leave.  "Let us see why she's out here in the forest and all...alone ."  The third man began to shiver at his friends words and his moments pause before he silently said alone.  The only thing that came to his mind before they reached the girl was What have I done?

    Ginger was woken up by a man to be in his 20s that looked to be fit, hairy, and smelled of garbage the other man on his right was another man who looked to be 20 or so years old and he looked no better that the first man and he reeked of danger she couldn't tell if there was anyone else with them because of her rising fear that began building up. Her first and only response was to jump off the bench, her hand went swinging in the process and connected with the man that had woken her up  after the first swing the guy took a step back and brought his hand up to his busted lip. Ginger brought her hands up in front of her face and turned on her heels in fear in order to run but was caught by the wrist before she could run away.  The man that caught wasn't the man that she hit it was the dangerous looking 20 year old man and he had swung her back onto the bench, grabbing her shirt and rearing his hand back preparing to slap her.  Ginger closed her eyes as a lonely tear slid down her skin, realizing that she's about to be slapped she stopped trying to get away and accepted her punishment for accidentally slapping the man.  "What did I do to deserve this?"  a whisper came out from behind the back of my mind Nothing Just then a man from in the back grabs the guys hand in a deadly grip saying with invisible venom leaving his mouth, "Don't touch the girl, Jason!", with a stern and frightening voice, so frightening in fact that it made Ginger Scruffs quiver with fear but loyalty. "Let.Go.Of.Me.John!"  said Jason with fiery eyes.  "I'll let go of you when you step away from the girl."  said John tired of his suppose friends obsession with causing everyone to fear him with his madness.  "No I believe that you will let go of Jason before I knock your lights out.", said  the second man trying to act all big and bad in front of the frightened little girl, which Ginger kind of was ya know her being 17 and all.  "Just be quiet Phil.", John said with a stern and almost humorous tone.  The one called Phil had an angered expression and lashed out at John, but before Phil could land a hit on John he moved and low-and -behold there was Jason behind him "willingly" taking the hit for him.  Jason covered his bleeding nose while John moved away to go over to Ginger to see if she was alright, but she was to busy watching the spiral happening with the other two men named Jason and Phil. Phil punched Jason in the gut after Jason kicked him in the shin really hard. Jason held his stomach but not long as Phil was tackling him down to the ground and yelling the sailors tell as was Jason to Phil. John rolled his eyes at how two grown men could look so stupid laying on the ground putting up such a useless fight over nothing he finally decided that enough was enough so he went closer to Ginger and gently put his hand on her shoulder.  Ginger gasped but settled down when she seen it was John for some odd reason he calms her down and she doesn't ever know him.  Her heart began to race when he leaned down face to face with her his hand moved slowly to her hand, his eyes never leaving hers for an instance all she could do was to hide her up-coming blush with her hair as she pretended to look down at the ground.  He smiled a beautiful smile that only angels were meant to have and said "Okay let's go little one. I'll take you home Ginger"  Ginger raised up out of her bed in a haste sitting on her bed in her plain white room pouring sweat and he heart pounding so fast that she would need scotch tape to keep her heart in place.  She still felt the man's gentle grasp in her hand with a smile glued to her face and said, "He saved me, but why did he save me? A girl with problems."  The smile on her face turned grim and sadness left her eyes as she cried. She soon fell back asleep because of the pain she felt in her heart and because she wanted to see the man's smile one time before she would have to wake again felling the exact same way as she does now.
© Copyright 2010 Poet writer (narusasuluvr18 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1718413-Fading-Away-Chapter-2