*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1718699-Your-hobbies---Interesting
Rated: E · Essay · Hobby/Craft · #1718699
Your hobbies? Are they different from mine? Please read and review.
Topic: Tell Us About Your Hobbies!



Some people take up certain hobbies because they are beneficial to them. Some adopt hobbies just to keep themselves occupied and alert. To me, all my hobbies must first capture my passion. Among many of my hobbies, the outstanding ones are singing, flower arranging and basketball.



Singing – we all sing, don’t we? In the shower, in the car, when no one is listening, we sing. To those who possess a good voice or even just a passable voice, singing is a fun and rewarding hobby. Singing as a hobby implies performing in public and showcasing a person’s talent to the world. I, personally, like to sing. I feel that it is a good way to express my true feelings out and get rid of the negative emotions inside me at the same time. It is absolutely true to say that singing captures my passion. I have undergone vocal training for more than six years but I have never gotten tired of it. It is because my weary soul always needs to be replenished and music has accomplished this job perfectly. Moreover, singing can cure shyness; it gives a person the opportunity to believe in himself and show others that he has a talent. I remember during my first public music performance when I was ten year old, I had mustered up all the courage and delivered the song smoothly to the audience. Thanks to the performance, I had gained a lot of confidence in my singing and won the love from others. Since then, I had been able to socialize better and to develop rapport with people around me. Therefore, I believe that a person should enjoy showcasing his talents to the world. For those who have potential in singing, do invest time and effort in it because it is really worth trying! Singing can help to boost a person’s confidence and teach him some socializing skills which do benefit him latter in the professional world.



Another hobby of mine is flower arranging. It may be greeted with much derision because the prevailing opinion is that the hobby is more for the elderly. However, I feel that flower arranging provides me the chance to think in a creative way and develop my artistic potential. To me, turning a bunch of flower into a beautiful artwork is a source of pride and gratification; and, it indeed creates a continued interest. As I have engaged myself in this hobby, I have a lot more of quality time with my grandparents who share the same interest with me. My grandfather is a professional florist who has a flower shop of his own. His shop features many types of flower bouquets, most of them are for special occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries and weddings. Since I do help him out at his shop sometimes, I can see that he is financially prospering! After much thought, I realise that flower arranging is an interesting hobby to pursue. Using only a few plant and flower materials and a pair of skillful hands, a person can actually produce many eye-catching flower banquets and reap much profit.  Thus, I want to know more about this beneficial hobby. Perhaps, if I fail to achieve my dreamed profession of being a business woman, I can happily pursue this alternative career path!



My last hobby that I want to mention is a conventional team sport which many of us like to adopt – basketball. First of all, playing sports is a must to me because sports help me to be physically and mentally fit. I usually play basketball with my friends twice a week, normally during weekends. I believe that playing basketball helps me to maximise my physical potential and to be less vulnerable to diseases. In addition, as most teenagers like me have a tendency to consume fast food and soft drinks which are partially responsible for the increasing rate of obesity, playing basketball helps to minimize the chances of me getting over weight. On the other hand, playing basketball is a form of relaxation. Being incapacitated with work commitments, it is undeniable that a lot of negative emotions which are detrimental to my health have accumulated inside my mind. Playing basketball is a good way to get rid of them. Moreover, since basketball is a team sport where players co-operate to achieve a shared goal, I will learn the importance of teamwork and perhaps, other skills such as leadership, too. On top of that, I will have the opportunity to interact with my friends and thus, build a strong relationship with all of them. Therefore, it is my belief that basketball does have various benefits upon me. It does not only help to ensure my well-being but to sharpen my socializing skills at the same time.



Singing, flower arranging and basketball are my hobbies which keep me occupied and alert. They make me realise that life is not just about boring work commitments fun, excitement and relaxation as well.

© Copyright 2010 Minnie N (phoebesu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1718699-Your-hobbies---Interesting