*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1719277-From-The-Ashes
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1719277
story of the last refugees of earth watching their home come back to life

Kyle Foster
From The Ashes V2.0

From high above the Earth the last remnants of humanity looked down on their former planet now a wasteland of scorched earth and ruins of their great cities the towering buildings now tombstones just marking the mass graves that the cities became in the Final Days of Earth.

They look down on the destruction their grandfathers and mothers left behind shaking their heads and wondering what possessed their ancestors to be so cruel. All life on Earth was gone….just gone. Those last days were when their fathers and mothers escaped on this ship which they now are in command of. Someone was thinking in those days to give the rest a chance but it was a little too late for only eight hundred or so escaped before the atmosphere completely burnt away and the suns high energy heat and microwaves flooded the globe burning the cells of every living thing from the inside out and destroying them in one of the most painful deaths known to have ever happened. Those who weren’t burnt were suffocated as the oxygen was pulled from their lungs sometimes pulling out the lungs completely in a gruesome display of the vacuum effect.

And to think, we were the cause of it all our constant wars raging destroying all around our hate and rage fueling a monster fierce enough to snuff out the light of life on that planet forever. Oh what have we done what have we done? We burnt our beautiful earth to a crisp with our weapons and now look what it’s brought us! Misery and death, fear and sadness we all are criminals in this crime against our Earth our wonderful mother Earth.

As the beings on this ship chewed on their thoughts of hate toward their ancestors something was happening below. “Seems a small patch of land still somehow burns somehow on your planet.” The computer spoke “Maybe someone is still alive down there cooking some meal or other from the scarce wildlife that survived.” A small man in a red and black military uniform turned toward the red clear eye that was the computer’s visual and audio pick up. “I thought that was impossible computer?” “Improbable captain, not Impossible….nothing is impossible.” The refugees continued watching the small spark below as their eye’s and heart’s tears were instantly dried as a huge gust of flame came from that small spark a large explosion equivalent to those wicked weapons which caused all this in the first place but this one was of a red flame and burning courageous flame.

They stared on as the flame took on the shape of a large bird a Phoenix perhaps they were unsure and uncaring on this matter cause as the bird began to fly everywhere it’s nearly globe spanning wings touched burned and then turned bright green….natural green. Was this bird reviving the world? , It was it truly was rejuvenating the scorched earth below slowly destroying what was not meant to be and bringing back that which was needed.

Earth was coming back from the ashes.
© Copyright 2010 PoeticFox (foster321 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1719277-From-The-Ashes