*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1719843-That-Mansion
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Teen · #1719843
Short story about a man entering a mansion owned by his uncle.
I looked up at the spooky mansion with the grotesque gargoyles staring straight into my fear.

“God curse that felony maniac. Had he no other heir to this worthless building?” I mumbled as I entered into the mansion. The mansion was passed down to me by my grand uncle when he passed away recently. He wrote that darn will and I get this ugly looking dungeon.

“Sir, we will have dinner served by nightfall. Would that be alright with you?” The scrawny butler sounded like a moose crying out for help. I stifled a laugh on hearing his voice.

“That would be fine with me. Er…”

“I am sorry sir. My name is Vodomonte.”, A small shiver ran down my spine.

“Ah, err, yes Voder..er…”

“Sir, if you wish, you can call me by my house name. Vodoo.”, Talking to this voodoo chap sent my mind into a dark alley filled with sorcery. I had felt it would be best to leave it at that. Mind you, I cannot take more of such strange and scary situations for I have a heart of a koala bear and could burst with sudden surprise sending me into that flat line in just a second.

Wandering around, I entered this one small room, queer as it was. This was a beautiful room in comparison to the other rooms. The light that was let in was ample for the room, lighting up various canvasses, statuettes and a gold encrusted trunk. Curiosity got the better of me and I searched around the room for the key of the trunk. I managed to find it hidden beneath the shelf. Opening with great anxiety, to my great amazement I found something so valuable when I heard a deathly voice calling out, “There you are!” My heart stopped. 



-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
© Copyright 2010 coolniv (niv9 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1719843-That-Mansion