*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1720906-The-REAL-Story-of-Creation
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Religious · #1720906
This chapter is about the ill-informed story of creation as told in the Book of Genesis.
Giant redwood trees? It didn’t make any sense. How could the giant redwood trees survive in this type of climate? Regardless, it was all too beautiful. The air was so much cooler since the giant redwoods were preventing the sun’s calefaction from entering. The smell of the forest was so refreshing…so NATURAL. Vibrant green ferns and brown earth had covered the forest floor; moss was found growing on the trunk of some of the giant redwoods. There were small rays of sunlight that had penetrated the trees’ encumbrance which produced a real-life photographic portrait. The elements of nature were hard at work.
Kurt was anxious to get back to the ship so he could cook up some coyote. Juliet, however, didn’t want to part with the forest, her love for botany had seemingly been resurrected.
She continued to roam aimlessly when a strikingly familiar sound had caught her attention. It was the sound of water…flowing water. Drawing nearer to the sound, she stumbled upon a dainty little stream where two butterflies gracefully fluttered around in the air.
“It is so marvelous out here. I don’t want to go back to that dry ass desert,” Juliet complained, “God…this place looks like…like the Garden of Eden!”
“Or more like the Forest of Eden,” Denise amended.
“Yep, now all we need is a talking snake.” The ladies were not too fond of Kurt Eisenhower’s insensitive sarcasm; Denise gave him a dirty look, “Now Kurt, let’s not mock other peoples religious beliefs.”
“I wasn’t even—” before Kurt could finish explaining his side of the story, Juliet had already fired back, “Yes, you did.”
“I’m sorry. I just have a hard time comprehending how a snake convinced a woman to partake of a forbidden fruit.”
“Well, it’s not that hard, you just need to have faith,” Juliet noted.
She was quickly losing credibility with Kurt. Growing up Pentecostal, Juliet’s beliefs were handed down to her by her mother, the same mother that’s being held at a mental institution because she killed her husband, believing he was possessed by demons.
“Faith? I am a man of science; I live my life by facts, the real truth.”
“The bible is the real truth,” Juliet renounced.
“Real? I think you mean copied.”
“The bible is not a copy. Besides, you’re a scientist, what would you know about religion?”
Kurt bellows an uncontrollable and chaotic laugh. “What would I know about religion?” Kurt was already perturbed at this woman’s glorified lack of knowledge.
“When I was seventeen, I graduated with highest honors in theological studies. I know how to read and write in Hebrew, Aramaic, and biblical Greek. Not to mention I’ve published one of the greatest translations of the Tao Te Ching as well as the Bhagavad Gita. I’ve studied all religions, from Asatru to Zoroastrianism.” Despite his conceited efforts to persuade Juliet that he was well diverse in the subject of religious matters, she was still not impressed.
“Listen,” Kurt continued, “one of the biggest reasons why I am not partial to the teachings of religion is because I compare my knowledge regarding religion to what I know about science and physics, and, if you knew what I know about science and physics, you’d laugh at many of the religious barbarities that are polluting the minds of credulous humans.” Denise herself was a devout Protestant. She was quite curious as to what Kurt knew about religion and science that made religion so…unreliable.
“The real truth is actually found within physics, but if we want to talk specifics, I’d have to say—quantum physics,” Kurt imposed. Juliet had no idea what quantum physics was all about, and she didn’t seem to have a care in the world. In her mind, the fallacious teachings of Christianity were the truth.
“Okay, if you think the Holy Bible is a copy, what original source is it being copied from?” Kurt was most delighted she had asked that question. Teaching new concepts was one of Kurt’s most joyous activities, aside from learning new concepts.
“Over five-thousand years ago there were clay tablets discovered in ancient Mesopotamia, which is our modern day Iraq. Within these tablets are stories that are so outstandingly similar to the stories found within the bible, that it has you wondering, maybe the bible really is a fabrication of another ancient story.” Oh brother, Juliet thought to herself, she eyed Denise, but Denise already seemed to be buying into Kurt’s narrative.
“According to these tablets, when our human ancestors—the Homo erectus—had roamed the earth, there were these giant beings known as the Anunnaki.” Denise laughed, “The What-a-whoey?”
“The Ann-oo-nah-kee,” Kurt slowly repeated. “The Anunnaki was an advanced race which were said to have come down to Earth from another planet more than four-hundred and thirty thousand years ago. Their only purpose was to gather Earth’s fine resources, such as gold, and take it back to their home planet.” Juliet was already becoming antsy. She couldn’t see any resemblance to the bible, at least, not yet anyways.
“Some of their miners rebelled against the conditions of the mines and refused to continue their strenuous labor, so the Anunnaki had devised a plan to create new creatures in their image and likeness, a new race, to be their new slave miners. Enki, a chief scientist, had taken his D-N-A along with the egg of the female Homo erectus and formed some kind of test-tube made from clay and inserted it into the womb of Ninhursag which spawned a whole new race, and do you know who that new race is?”
Denise took a stab at the question, “Us?”
“That’s right.”
“You’re saying we humans today are the byproducts of genetically altered alien D-N-A?” Juliet asked with a look of disillusion.
“According to the translator of Sumerian texts, yes.” This certainly appealed to Juliet. After all, she was noted by TIME magazine for her profound contribution in genetics.
“Ninhursag gave birth to the first primitive human, Adamu.” Juliet thought to herself, one measly parallel detail, Adam the first man, and Adamu the first hybrid.
“They then formed a primitive female hybrid known as Tiamat. After some unsuccessful attempts to procreate, Enki’s son, Ningishzidda, removes a rib from Enki as well as from Ninhursag, and places them into Adamu and Tiamat after falling into a deep sleep. Shortly after, Adamu and Tiamat noticed their nakedness, so they covered up and were then exiled out of a place called…Edin.”
Denise interrupted, “Just like the Garden of Eden! We were just talking about that . . .”
Kurt held not a single belief in this particular story of creation. The most prominent translator of the Sumerian tablets has been labeled a crackpot and a fraud by many scientists and archeologists, including Kurt.
“Evolution always talks about this ‘missing link’. Well, the Anunnaki D-N-A is supposed to be that missing link. This is why we humans are the only creatures on Earth with such highly developed dexterities in regards to reasoning and logic.”
Kurt’s stomach began to gurgle, all he could think about was that coyote. The beef jerky and sugary junk food wasn’t going to last very long, especially when the goods are so limited. He could tell that Denise and Juliet were taking the story more seriously, but he wanted to finish soon so he could get back to the ship and eat some grub.
“Enki had relations with these earthly primitive females, and in doing so, produced a more civilized human race known as the Nephilim, which coincides with the story found in the Book of Genesis where divine beings had relations with the women of Earth.”
Juliet had read the Book of Genesis before, but that particular story didn’t ring a bell, but then again, it’s been many years since she last picked up a bible.
“Enlil, Enki’s brother, was saddened that Enki had relations with the earthly women. He was going to destroy the humans, but Enki had compassion and had informed them that there was going to be an enormous flood that was going to wipe out the entire population, so Enki helped his son, Ziusudra, to build a boat to store the D-N-A and eggs of animals as well as his own family so they could repopulate the planet.”
Juliet could decipher the consistencies between this account and the Great Deluge of Noah’s Ark. She thought it was quite fascinating that they stored the eggs of animals on the boat rather than the animals themselves.
“The humans also learned almost everything from these Anunnaki, they taught humans all about law, medicine, astrology, agriculture and farming, irrigation, architecture, mathematics, etcetera. They supposedly helped build the Great Pyramids as well.”
The Commander had scolded the three over the radio for coveting both ATV’s. He mentioned he was in a hurry to go somewhere and needed to use one of the ATV’s. What’s the rush?
“After the flood, Ziusudra’s three sons were to take their wives and repopulate the Earth. One of his sons was dark-skinned like the Africans, another was white-skinned with light colored hair, and the other had almond-shaped eyes like the Asian people.” Juliet remembered learning that our ancestors were said to have originated from Africa, Europe, and Asia. She was beginning to take notice in the similarities.
“There is more to the story including a reference to the Tower of Babel as well as twin brothers named Ka-in and Abael, but I can only remember bits and pieces of the story, so I’d rather spare you the details, that way I don’t give you inaccurate information.”
Juliet looked at Kurt with a bit of skepticism, “And you believe this Sumerian creation story to be true?”
“Although I find it to be a rather compelling account of creation, I never said it was true, in fact, I think the Sumerian translator is a nutcase. I simply stated it was a story written over five-thousand years ago, which is before any books of the bible were ever written,” Kurt responded.
Of course, she was at a loss of words because she had no idea who or what this Anunnaki was. This story didn’t influence Denise into thinking the bible was a fraud, but rather, it helped amplify her faith. To her, the similarities meant that maybe . . . just maybe . . . the bible was even more kosher than she’d originally perceived it to be.
Kurt headed back to the ship with the lifeless coyote slumped on the back of the ATV, while Denise and Juliet remained in the enchanting forest.
“You don’t think Kurt was telling the truth do you?” Juliet asked.
Denise replied, “Well, if he made all that up, I’d say he’s a pretty damn good storyteller . . . a damn good storyteller.”

© Copyright 2010 Gavi Zayin (5corpio at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1720906-The-REAL-Story-of-Creation