*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1721282-What-does-she-see-in-me
Rated: ASR · Script/Play · Fantasy · #1721282
This is a scene from a story I'm piecing together.
(Set-up: Sunset. Camera is out toward the ocean as it reflects the descending sun in a serene display. SVATNL and KLYVV enter the frame, having just successfully completed another task, after a moment of ad lib, KLYVV chimes in...)

KLYVV: Svat, I need to ask you something.

SVATNL: (Hesitates a little) Right. What is it?

KLYVV: It's kinda personal

SVATNL: Which means it's about Ag (KLYVV looks off to the side) ...right?

KLYVV: ...Look, we've worked together for a couple months now, and I can tell you've got something for Agnelyyyn.

SVATNL: Klyvv, I hope you haven't just now figured that out.

KLYVV: Then why don't you say anything?

SVATNL: Do you want me to look like a loser?

KLYVV: No, it's not that...

SVATNL: Right, I know. (solemn) How can it get worse than this?

KLYVV: (annoyed) How can you even say that?

SVATNL: Why are you so convinced that Agnelyyyn and I can go together so well? Or at all for that matter? We're not even on the same page. What would she find appealing about a fat dull mole like me? (Sits down and looks out at the sunset)

KLYVV: (Sits down next to SVATNL and forces him to look him in the eye) ...Svantl, you are fat and dull because you tell yourself you are since you happen to look like it. We all know what you are truly capable of, mainly Agnelyyyn. She is nowhere near shallow. She is kind, understanding, innocent, and most of all, loving. There is no reason why she would shut you down.

SVATNL: ...You know so much about her, Klyvv. Why don't you hook up with her?

KLYVV: (A little flustered at the comment, KLYVV pauses a moment and looks out the ocean, then continues) We've known each other since before we even discovered our gifts. We had seen all of the relationships that tried to happen between big, important, and famous people and quickly failed, so we made a promise that regardless of what people say, think, or suggest, our relationship would be no less or more than close friends. And that promise has held for years.

SVATNL: (Takes it all in for a moment, then gets enraged and stands up) I don't get it. How do you people do that? I'm here struggling to even get a blip on her radar, and you have her in the palm of your hand. And you don't even take advantage of that! That's the most selfish thing I've ever heard someone say!

KLYVV: (Gets defensive and rises) Listen to yourself! Now you're just spewing nonsense!

SVATNL: NO! I've lived in the lowest rung of the food chain for far too long to accept that I don't know what I'm talking about!

KLYVV: You don't get it, do you? I'm practically giving her to you!

SVATNL: She doesn't want me! THAT's what you don't get! You're the only one she really wants, and she deserves you! So if you don't take her, she'll have NO one! You expect me to believe that a...PROMISE is a good enough excuse for THAT?

(Long silence. Then SVATNL takes a knife from his pocket and throws it at the tree behind him, which its sticks into. Then SVATNL walks away, leaving the knife. KLYVV approaches the knife and pulls it out. He examines it, and notices a note attached, and reads it)

KLYVV: Dear Agnelyyyn,

Out of failure to try to talk to you alone, I've decided to make this for you. I hope you find it useful. Please understand that I am passionately in love with you. --Svatnl

(KLYVV drops the knife on the ground and walks off. AGNELYYYN is then revealed in a nearby bush having watched the entire scene unfold. End scene with a closeup on here misting eyes.)
© Copyright 2010 Syracuvat Tenlii (focus...ready at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1721282-What-does-she-see-in-me