*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1721586-All-in-questions
Rated: E · Other · Comedy · #1721586
Tony and Angela make a discovery that will change their relationship.
      It was pretty chilly for a September night, most everyone wearing some sort of coat or jacket as they strolled along on the sidewalk. And obviously the thermostat's heat had been long out of use because it was already 80 degrees inside, feeling like 90, and the manager spent a good three hours trying to figure out how to keep the heat from piping out full blast. Up front, near the door, stood a coat rack, nearly invisible from all the outerwear piled on top of it. In a booth in the back, next to the kitchen, sat Tony.

      "Okay, so what's the deal?" he asked after five awkward minutes of silence.

      "What do you mean?" Angela tried to play innocent.

      "C'mon Angeler, how come today I came home to a girlfriend that ain't got no attitude and wants to take me out to dinna?" Tony proclained in his strong Brooklyn accent.

      A waiter came by and asked for what they would like to drink.

      "Can we get some beer?" Tony replied.

      "Can I get some water?" Angela said softly. The waiter nodded and left.

      "What's wrong wit you, Angeler? How come you've neen nice to me all day, you ain't been yackin' like you usually do, and how come now you don't want no beer? Are you pregnant or somethin'?" Toney was now frustrated that Angela was keeping something from him.

      "How come you keep on askin' me all these crazy questions?" Angela was now raising her voice too.

      "Well are you or not?"

      Angela got quiet and sat back in her seat. "Would you still love me if I was? I mean, would you still want to be with me?"

      "Ange," Tony said in a sincere tone, "Do you remember two summers ago when I said that I would love you no matter what?"

      "How could I forget?"

      "Well . . . what's goin' on?"

      "Do you pinkie promise not to tell nobody until I give you the okay?"

      "Who would I tell?"

      "Okay, so, do you think that it means you're pregnant when you take eight pregnancy tests and they all say positive?"

      "Are you kidding?" Tony said in disbelief. His eyes bulged involuntarily.

      "Why would I kid about something like this?" Angela snapped.

    "Well gee Angeler, Are you sure we're ready for a kid?" Tony asked, the reality setting in.

      "Well that's the thing, you think we could give him up for adoption?"

      "Adoption?!" Tony nearly choked on his own breath. "What kind of question is that?!"

      "Well do you think we could afford 'im?"

      "But Angeler, Dahlin', do we have to go to the extent of adoption?"

      Angela sat back in thought. She began to chew on her fingernails absent-mindedly, as she always did when she thought heavily. "Do you think you could pick up some extra hours at work?"

      "And maybe you could get a job too?"

      "And when he comes, maybe we could name 'im Tony Jr.?"

      Tony was now excited and hopped out of his seat, gleaming. He took both of Angela's hands and said, "Baby, hows about we get married?"
© Copyright 2010 Glory Hallelujah (broooooooce at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1721586-All-in-questions