*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1722426-The-Shadow-of-Earth
by Zen
Rated: 13+ · Sample · Action/Adventure · #1722426
After being "trained" his whole life , Zen Aziku, has had it. He plans to end his torture.
          Screams of pain echoed throughout the vast forest. Zen Aziku, holding in more screams, takes the next painful blow, leaning against the nearest tree, for support, his back turned toward his attacker.
          "Whats this? a voice shouted from behind. "If you cant take those small burns, without screaming, maybe we should start using natural fire, until you get used to it" Zen's father, Cane Aziku, stood tall and strong. Cane lifted his hand, staring at the back of Zen's neck. Having chosen his new target, he focused a small amount of aura into his palm. Controlling his aura he quickly heated it. A blue fire hovered over his palm as he aimed it towards Zen. Released, the fire shot forward landing on Zen.
          "AAHH! Zen grunted as the fire extinguished. His eyes began to sting as the sweat fell from his black hair. He felt stinging pain all over his bloody back. The back of his shirt burnt off.
        Cane's voice shot loud and deep as he spoke "Meet me back at the training arena for your skill test. If I don't think you're strong enough by now, you know what will happen to you." Cane then was engulfed by fire and was gone.
          Zen stared at the spot where his father had vanished. Letting out a scream in anger Zen slashed at the tree he had been leaning on sending out aura and quickly bringing it back. As he expertly controlled it, water circled him and then splashed against his back giving him relief from the constant burning he felt, only to be replaced by stings of pain. Giving a small smirk Zen stood up staighter. He had done it. By tricking Cane into attacking him in the form of punishment it made Zen look weaker than he pretended. With that thought in his head Zen turned to the direction he knew his "prison" was.
          Looking around with his eyes Zen knew he was being watched. He also knew something nobody else knew. The fact they would all be dead in two days.
© Copyright 2010 Zen (fantasy588 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1722426-The-Shadow-of-Earth