*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1722558-Reflection
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Writing · #1722558
A woman contemplates her choice in the mirror
She gazes into the bathroom mirror. Grass green eyes speckeled with hazelstarte back blank. Once so full of life and laughter. "Elf-eyes" her father has so fondly called them. Now they are puffy, red, and bloodshot, the left one bruised. Memories rush foreward and her eyes slide closed.

She can feel the bite of his fingers into her flesh, the tension in her neck from his strong shakes. Snaping her head back and forth. The cruel words he spit into her face. What did he see when he was doing thoes things? Her wide terrified eyes and auburn hair tangeled from his fist ripping her back when she tried to run? Does he just see the stupid whore who forgot his dry cleaining today, not because she was cheating as he accused her of, but becuase she went to the doctor and found out she was three months pregnant?

She looks down at the hand resting protectivly over her abdomen. She had suspected for sometime now, but had wanted to wait until things got better. A bitter laugh escapes her split lip as she takes in the bruises on her shoulders, wrists and neck. Her back aches from his size 13 work boots. If she had turned two secons later her baby girl would be gone. Better? Never.

Turning she opens the door to go back again. He's still there. Sprawled out on the couch. Two bullet holes in his cheast. Blood all over his favorite white suede couch. Shock and disbeleif still shining in his blank eyes that no longer see anything.

The beautiful girl growing inside her is one he will never touch. Ever.
© Copyright 2010 Tempest Storm (shayla89 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1722558-Reflection