*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1723275-I-am-but-a-High-School-Girl
Rated: E · Monologue · Personal · #1723275
My life in a few words. Or perhaps just a rant of my current frustrations you may read.
         Do you know what my life is like? You probably think you do, if you're an adult. Well look at me, here I am. You may examine me all you wish, but, ahaha, you shall never even begin to scrape the surafce of my exsitance. I am verging on 18, with an internship in the high school library. It does not pay. I have no actual paying job, and what little savings I had have dwindled to nothing. With my parents nearly broke as well...(my mother recently laid off and my father working a seasonal job that dwindles as the days grow short) I must take it into my hands to find one. That is the most, yet the least of my worries.

I also have testing to do, scholarships to enter, tons of college applications that are awaiting me. There is also the problems that come with being a senior...foremost it is money again. Senior dues, graduation items, prom, etc. Oh and I still don't have a class ring, the thing I have wanted most. That in some way is my own fault, for mot asking for it from my parents. But I thought I could get it myself, with a little saving. That hope faded. Ah well, someday!

I have a social life, however impossible it seems. My friends who I try to find a way to hang out with, which gets difficult without a car. Also, my boyfriend, 19, who graduated last year. He too is feeling the finacial push, but tries to make me happy when he can in any way. And he succeds greatly, rest assured. We've gone out for two years. I love him with all my heart and we want to someday spend the rest of our lives together. Another hope. He started a job recently and works very hard in the grocery store. His mother in unemplyed as well, has been for nearly a year I think. She seems to do nothing about it, not nearly as hard as my own mother, who is starting school in the new year. So he take son some of the bills, leaving most of his paychecks to his mother while a small amount is put aside for his savings. he is a noble person and I love him, as I said.

Sometimes I sink into something of a depression if I am not with him, or have not talked to him or even had a text for a few days. It is an explainable abcense, with his job and being an insomniac besides. He tries to sleep as much as he can when he can, and the rest of the time he can be found doing the thing he loves most: gaming. but he says he loves me and misses me as intensly as i miss him. Sometimes I can't help but doubt it but I know it to be true. Somthing in my heart tells me so.

Ah but no one wants to hear of a teenage love story. I am a romantic and some people find it old. Ah well. I shall end my desparings and whining for a time appropiate. Haha yet I have only scraped the surface. Until you can undertsand this much, you can expect no more musings from just a High School girl.




© Copyright 2010 Ember Renee (emberrenee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1723275-I-am-but-a-High-School-Girl