*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1723787-Surfer-Story
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Nature · #1723787
I use Nate for my main guy character. He's not the same person as my other stories.
We sat on the hood of my beaten- up old 1959 Ford Geranium, watching the sunset.
We hadn’t done this in a while, all of my mates, no chicks, back in the good old days when the only thing that mattered who caught the best wave. We’d been surfing all day, our boards were leant against the boot, and we each sat there, with our hair slowly hardening with salt, and our wetsuits rolled down to our waists. I hopped off the hood, and walked over to the wooden railings that lined most of the pathways around here, and turned around, and sat on it. I looked at Josh, who as usual, was checking out chicks that walked by.
“Idiot.” I commented, shaking my head at him.
“Ugh! Nate! I’m so upset you could say such a thing to me!” He said, approaching me. He pushed me on the shoulder, almost sending me tumbling backwards into the wild bushes below.
“Thanks man, appreciate it,” I said, sarcasm hanging onto every word.
“Nate, what are you doing to do after graduation?” Ben's question reminded me that with our exams finished, there was just the valedictory service and the Prom before the year ended. I still had no idea who I was going to take.
“Hey Josh,” I began, looking at him as he sat down next to me.
“I know that face well… What do you want?” He sighed.
“That’s your fault for being my best friend. Anyway, you want to be my Prom date?”
“I’m taking Bridge.”
“Damn you to hell Josh. Steven?”
“Well, I was going to take your sister, but then it would spoil it for her.”
“Ben?”
“No. I’m going to ask Stacy”
“What about Chloe? Should I ask her? She is my best friend of the girl gender.”
I laughed, that sounded so dodge.
“Dodgyyyyy” said Josh.
I gave him a one-finger salutation.
He raised his middle finger in reply to mine. “But I suppose you could, hopefully she doesn’t get her hopes up.”
“Hopefully, she’s like a sister to me, and the thought of that is just rank.” I said, my nose wrinkling up in disgust.
A group of teenage girls around our age stopped a little way from us. I looked at them, and they giggled.
When they eventually walked past, I added “You wish, bitches”
They glared at me as they walked away.
I gave them a middle finger, and continued talking about the usual crap we talk about.
“Nate! Freaking hell! What is with you?” Demanded my little sister Tiff, appearing out of nowhere as usual.

“Hi Tiff, nice to see you too.”
“What did you just say to my friends?” she demanded, standing in front of me, blocking my view of all the millionaires holiday abodes that lined the beach coast.
“Wait. What did you just say? You have friends?” I asked, full of fake shock.
“Oh, ha ha, you comical genius. Fine, what did you say to them?” she asked, pointing towards the group of girls who had just walked by.
“Oh, you wish bitches.”
“Yeah, thanks, my popularity will definitely increase now.” she said, almost whining.
“I’m doing you a favour. When they find out I’m your brother, do you really think they’re going to want to be true friends with you, and not get something from you? Look at them, sluts.”
“Well, being a slut makes them popular” she moaned.
“Eww, I would never tap that.” I said, and the guys agreed.
“Why don’t you tell them that?” Tiff said.
“Fine, I will,” I said, standing up, and approaching the huddle of chicks.

“What?” Said the brown-dyed-blonde-hair-with-the-brown-roots-making-you-look-like-a-try-hard hair.
“Just came to say that Tiff, as she is my younger sister, suggested I saw this to you.”
I saw them all look at Tiff, then back at me, looking me up and down.
“And so, I just wanted to say, guys don’t want to tap sluts, so lose the sluttiness, and no doubt bitchiness, and become a human.”
“You’re just jealous we’re perfect”
“You? Perfect? Pfft. You wish.” I said, walking away with my back turned.
As I walked away, I heard there sounds of pure annoyance, and then them discussing my scar.
I turned around quickly, surprising them.
“Uhhm. What the fuck is that on your back?” said the leader, miss ‘blonde.’
“What, never seen a scar before?” I snapped, and walked back to guys.

Inside the car, I could hear my phone ringing.
I rummaged through our crap, until I found it.
“Everybody SHUTUP!” I yelled, and Josh smiled slyly, or maybe it was because he saw his girlfriend, Bridgette, also known as Bridge, approaching us.
“Hey Mum,” I said, answering my phone.
“Nate!” Josh yelled “What are you smoking? Give me some!”
“Wait; let him put his pants on first!” Steven contributed.
“No, don’t ruin my fun!” yelled Ben and they all cracked up laughing, resulting in Josh falling off the hood onto the concrete of the parking lot.
I laughed at his misfortune, and Bridge rushed to help him up.
“I’m still at the beach” Answering mums question, and giving the guys a one finger salutation  (no prizes for guessing which finger) before walking to the boot, and flipping it open, then slammed it shut, making the whole car vibrate, resulting in Ben and Steven almost falling off too.
“Ugh, around half an hour, I’ll need to drop Ben and Steven back at their places, and get changed before.”
“Alright Nate, dinner will be on the table in around an hour. It’s up to you. Is Josh sleeping over or what?” Mum asked on the other side of the line.
I put my hand over the mouthpiece, and asked Josh what he was going to do.
“Oh, I’m going home with Bridge,” he said, smiling at her, pulling her in.
“Alright.” I said, before removing my hand “He’s using other modes of transport to get home,” I told mum, and Josh did his stupid ass-whipping move. What an idiot. Bridge giggled.
“Don’t encourage him” I said, giving Josh the evils.


“Alright, see you on Monday man!” I yelled at Steven as I drove off.
“Yeah, cya Nate!” He yelled back at me.
My phone buzzed in the seat next to me, and I reached over to grab it.
It was a text from Tiff ‘Where r u? Pick me up!’
I searched through my contacts, and called her.
“Hello?” Her crackly voice said.
“Where are you?”
“Meet me at the petrol station!”
“Fine! I’ll be there in a second!” I yelled, hanging up.
Little sisters.
© Copyright 2010 Jasmine W (wardiemoo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1723787-Surfer-Story