*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1724969-I-Hope-She-Knows
by 2cents
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Death · #1724969
Have you ever gotten "THAT" phone call? The one that will change your life forever. .
"My wife died yesterday". 

His shaken and flat words slammed into my heart like a freight train off the rails.  I was doubled over at the gut.  The wind in my lungs was fully expelled, seemingly never to return.  My brain was scattered and looking to put thoughts into context.  I couldn't respond.  I continued to rewind and re-play those words, finally offering an exhaled whisper.  A simple and standard "I'm sorry" slipped out.  It sounded so meaningless and empty.  As the details of her sudden passing filled the long distance phone line, the essence of what he was saying slowly entered my soul.  I knew that my sorrow would be long-lived. 

Worse, the world as he knew it had come to a halt.  The likelihood of it re-starting loomed too far in the distance to see.  I envisioned their children forever wandering ...always looking for things that should have been. 

The truth is this:
By 39, she had flourished as a beautiful woman.  In different ways she loved many; but was passionate about only one.  Her daughters remain....each a product of her unconditional nuturing.  She fought couragously in life and did so without complaint. 

At 39, she has left this earth.  Wherever her spirit is now, I hope she knows she made a difference.  I know I do.
© Copyright 2010 2cents (pennymc at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1724969-I-Hope-She-Knows