*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1725336-Insomnia
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #1725336
Where nightmares are awake
Casey Willow wrapped her body around the smooth, cool silk blanket. She has been here in the center for damaged and confused to be properly healed for almost 7 months.
"Casey?" Dr. Morgan said, his cool hand touching Casey shoulder, she jerked up and covered her eyes from the light. "Yes Dr. Morgan?" Her voice sounded like itchy and hoarse.
"Its time for a session, now." The guards pulled her up, she automatically leaned onto them, her legs barely able to hold her up.

"Tell me, why do you think you can never sleep?" Dr. Morgan said, pushing his square-framed glasses closer to his crystal blue eyes, Casey learned that him ruffling his golden hair means he's either mad or upset, if his lip twitch it means hes losing patience.
"When I try to close my eyes. This man, pops into my mind. Every single try," Casey said, as she pulled her wool jacket closer to her cold body. "Tell me, who is this man?" Casey closed her eyes, instantly the familiar man came, he was handsome with brown hair, chestnut eyes and soft smile. "How are you doing kiddo?" the man whould always say.
"Casey!" Dr. Morgan rasied his voice, his lip was twitching every few breaths Casey took. "Brown hair, chestnut eyes." She said, as soon as the image disappeared, lingering with only few images before it was gone out of her head and she couldn't even recall it. "Ah, do you know him?" Dr. Morgan asked, his voice gentle and soothing now. "No, I dont remember him, now it's fuzzy when I try to. Its like hes in my mind but when I open my eyes hes completely gone." Her voice was shaky, she reached into the bowl to grab some M&Ms. "So, a mysterious man comes to your mind? See, that's progress oh and our 15 minutes are up." Dr. Morgan stood from the comfortable chair and helped Casey go up and go back to her dorm.

"Casey!" Her mother screamed, as the fire swallowed the house, "Casey!" Her mother screamed again, her voice more shaky by the second. "Shes gone Ann." Said her husband, as he made soothing words as his wife sobbed to his chest.
Casey opened to her eyes, rubbing them repeatingly until they felt sore and raw. "Casey what is it?" Her roommate Silvia Jerkins a recovering drug addict asked. "Nothing, go back to sleep Silvia." She smiled, and went snoring back to her bed.

"Casey Willow. 17 year old finally released from the recover center, congrats." The nurse hugged Casey tightly, "I have to say, im going to miss you, you made me laugh everytime I worked here." The nurse smiled and hugged Casey again. She smiled with the nurse and hugged the caring nurse back, finally moments after she stepped outside and breathe in the outside air. Just then her escort came and picked her up, his back was against Casey, but she knew who he was, her breath became short and her ears were pounding. Just before the darkness in her eyes blocked everything and her ears shutting down. She heard a simple sentence. "How are you doing kiddo?" the same man that killed Casey Willow.
© Copyright 2010 Mystery (cherry10344 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1725336-Insomnia