*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1725953-The-Flower-of-Despair
Rated: E · Short Story · Thriller/Suspense · #1725953
The scent of lavender was overpowering as she woke,settling upon her senses like a fog.
         The scent of lavender overpowered her as she woke, settling upon her senses like a fog. She took a slow look at her surroundings from her spot on the bed. Then, it hit her with all the grace of a lightning bolt, this wasn't her room and it, without a doubt, was not her house. Millions of questions flowed through her head. Why am I here? How did I get here? Furthermore, where on earth am I? She started to take another, more measured look at her surroundings; it was a grandiose room with a sense of elegance and quality not usually seen in modern homes. She spotted the door, the antiquity of it made it blend in well with the rest of the room. The overpowering scent of lavender returned, except stronger, she opened the door to escape what was becoming one of her most hated scents.

         After exiting the room, she could tell straight off that the rest of the building was as ancient and daunting as the last room she was in. The dim torches illuminating the large hallway, casting everything in suspicious shadows. Maybe continuing onwards wasn't the best idea she thought. However, despite her misgivings she continued on. Getting the feeling that someone was watching her; she felt her steps speed up and her palms started sweating. The feeling overwhelmed her and she broke out into a run towards the archway at the end of the hall.

         Upon reaching the archway she hesitated a moment before wiping her sweaty palms off on her jeans and continuing on through the arch. She swallowed audibly before entering the room. Anxiously she peered around the room taking in every shadow, until her eyes landed on the door on the wall to her right. Inhaling, she marched over to the door and yanked it open. Taking a quick glance of the chamber beyond, the first thing she noticed was the person tied up on the floor.

         She started loosening the rope."Are you alright?"

         "I am currently tied up on the floor, do I look alright?"

         "No, how long have you been here?"

         "A day, maybe more, no more than three. Who are you?"

         "Oh!" The rope fell slack. "I'm Rosaline."

         "Nice to meet ya, the names Dawn."

         Rosaline winced as Dawn's bones cracked into place, "Do you know where here is?".

         "Of course, sugar, this is Clifton Castle."

© Copyright 2010 Aeralyn (jaded-stars at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1725953-The-Flower-of-Despair