*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1726778-The-Superheros-of-Sweet-Spunky-School
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1726778
Students are endowed with superheros after aliens visit.
The late bell rang just as I yanked the door open to Mr. Kiser’s* class. As I walked in or rather ran in, Mr. Kiser looked over his glasses with that “I’m going to make you write a 500 word reflective essay” look that we all know. He cleared his throat and said, “Oh-Livia,* late again you will have to serve a detention now.” The entire class gasped and I went red-faced to my seat. Mr. Kiser continued his speech on how a main clause can stand alone as a sentence because it has a subject and a predicate. I slouched a little lower as he called my name to do the entire first exercise. I started to speak but as the first word came out of my mouth a light flashed so bright that it blinded us for a few moments we all groaned as our vision came back and then suddenly we saw a Martian walk through the door. Lauren*, Alaina*, Brittany*, Erin* and I let out a loud scream. His face looked just like Mr. B’s* alien mask.
“Mr. B?” we all wondered, after all B only worked mornings. The being made some jibberish noise and Mr. Kiser chuckled.
“He said that he has never seen such an awesome sophomore class before, I think I’ll have to change my profundity.” Mr. Kiser said. Then the Martian said something else and walked out the door. Mr. Kiser again interpreted, “He is going to go get his friend, a time traveler. “ Within a moment the strange pair walked in. the time traveler, at least, spoke and understood English.
“You see my fellow friends,” he said and swayed back and forth just like Mr. Remchuck*, “now that my time traveling time machine broken three of you will be endowed with different superpowers. Yet you will not know until a sudden dangerous adventure has come upon you, your adrenaline rushes through your veins and then you will have received you superpower.” He finished. We all looked at each other with huge eyes. Then the Martian and the time traveler left.
“Well, now that was an interesting visit.“ Mr. Kiser concluded. We heard a low rumble and we all ran to the window jus as the Martian spacecraft went through the atmosphere.
“Back to your seats.” Mr. Kiser said as some of us went into the pod. We reluctantly turned around and went back. Mr. Kiser then assigned the grammar homework and we started working on it, well some of us were but most of us were talking about the superpowers. We were trying to figure out how we could put ourselves in dangerous situations so that adrenaline would rush through our veins and we would be able to figure out who the superpower people were. Then finally we gave up and the bell rang.
It was that evening at home that I figured out that I was one of the people to whom a superpower was given. I was climbing up in a tree to get my cat Sugar* down when suddenly I lost my footing and started falling through the branches. Adrenaline was rushing through my veins at the height of speed so I twisted my body through the air and landed on my feet. I still didn’t know what my super power was but at least I knew that I had one. So I climbed up again and found out that my superpower was flexibility.
The next day at soccer practice I found out that I also had the superpower of speed, which was a wonderful coincidence because of a cross country meet that I had to run that Thursday. Also at soccer practice Erin revealed to me that she had the superpower of flight and the ability to read people’s minds. We were walking to the girls locker room when Zach Quillian* came running up to us and was shouting that he had the superpower of strength and invisibility. Erin and I looked at each other.
“Cool!” I said.
“Yeah, nice.” Erin said.
We just continued into the locker room and Erin said,
“He’s an interesting character.”
“Tell me about it.” I laughed.
The next day we were all in chapel and Mrs. Graber* was talking to us about cyberbullying, as Zach came running onto the stage and grabbed the microphone from Mrs. Graber and just started yelling crazy things that were not pertaining to the subject at all. I jumped up just as Erin did and we ran up to the stage, after all we were the superheros of SSS, but just as we ran up Zach lifted up the entire stage with the astounded Mrs. Graber still on it and threw it out the window. Then I grabbed a rope that had been conveniently lying under the stage, probably for Mrs. Christner’s* Up the Down Staircase play thing, and tied up Zach with it. Erin had already flown out and brought Mrs. Graber back inside. We tried to get everything organized as fast as we could.
Within next few days we figured out that Zach would only use his superpowers for evil and villainous ideas and actions. Erin and I were trying hard to keep Sweet Spunky Town intact, but with a rampant Zach Quillian on the loose it was, I must say, very hard. Eventually we got Zach to rethink his idea and so we got him to actually help us, help others and now Sweet Spunky Town is a much better place. We are now branching out our services to other counties as well and we have been invited to help in Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, and North and South Carolina. We are still working on that though.
*Names Changed to protect the innocent
© Copyright 2010 Olive Beta (thewritinggeek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1726778-The-Superheros-of-Sweet-Spunky-School