*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1727329-a-girl-called-Evangeline-Summerschap02
by sid
Rated: E · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1727329
Evee the chihuahua enters the house
    With careful steps and almost 20 heart-attacks gone by,Evangeline was trotting towards her house.Her house was anything but shabby and small.It consisted of a living room,a kitchen,a bedroom and an attic.The attic was reserved for her and she happily sashayed her thoughts in it.She just loved her attic and there was no way she would every trade with.Whenever papa would ask for her attic she would be stiff!Even mrs.lily would ask permission before she would enter the attic.

  She entered the front porch of her house with her heart beats escalating to 120 beats per second!poor Evangeline!She gradually reached the door-way where she halted.For a moment she decided to leave the cute Evee but when she gave him a look,he seemed to be dozing in his arms and this made her strong.She took a deep breath and entered.

    The door directly led to the living room and through it,led the kitchen.Her papa was lying on the couch writing with a quill and a parchment and a lamp directly beside the parchment.He was very engrossed in his work that he didn't even realize Evangeline's presence!She decided to trod further and with slow,careful steps walked towards the attic.She glanced a quick look at the kitchen and was relieved to find the absence of mrs.lily.She checked the watch and found that it half past five.Oh!mrs.lily would be in a cafe by now drinking her usual espresso by now!

  She was just on her second step towards her attic when suddenly she heard the booming voice of her papa.

                                                                            "Evangeline!"

  He muttered.This caused to stop her steps and with trembling hands her stomach gave a very bad back-flip.Gosh!How she hated her back-flips!For a moment she decided to continue the staircase but since today was Saturday and there was no mrs.lily either she decided to wisely stay where she was.Evee was still sound asleep and she smirked looking at the cute chihuahua!Just a little longer,she murmured to him.

  His papa again cried out her name,"Evangeline!".Fortunately he still was engrossed and did not look up.He growled,

                                                                            "Bring me my afternoon tea!"

  "Right away",Evangeline said.She quietly took her Evee to the kitchen and quickly started on the ritual of making his papa his usual green tea.She placed her bag of tomatoes on a neat pile on the fruit-basket.The fruit-basket was given to her by mrs.lily on her birthday.She wished of mrs.lily and wondered if she could hear her inner calls!She also placed her Evee in a nearby basket which consisted of nothing except some flowers picked by her yesterday.The brown little chihuahua was still asleep.Maybe he might be lazy,she thought!

        She made the tea with her papa's favourite cookies and proceeded towards the living room.She on seeing him,heaved a sigh of relief as he had hardly moved a muscle.As she prodded to tray on the dining table,down came sound,"Whoof!Whoof!"

        Panic struck poor Evangeline as she thought that Evee might have woken up.She decided to enact the sound through her loud but audible coughing sound."Whoof",came the voice this time a bit louder.She decided the same old trick again but it caught his papa to be in a tizzy and he looked at her for the first time.His eyes were just like her's except that it was a bit rounded.It reminded of her mother and she muffled a cry each time she saw him face-to-face!

      "Whats that noise?",he grunted.

      "uh huh,Nothing",said Evangeline.

      "you sure?"he said.

      "oui,papa!"said the poor Evangeline.

      "c'est bien",he said,and he resumed to his writing.

        With a sigh of relief,she took a deep breath and made a mental note of Evee being now a member of her small family!





         
© Copyright 2010 sid (siddheshgarg at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1727329-a-girl-called-Evangeline-Summerschap02