*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1727484-Heartbreak-Warfare
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Relationship · #1727484
my dealing with a heartbreak
Heartbreak Warfare



How come the only way
To know how high you get me
Is to see how far I fall…

             
  -  John Mayer
 

    I am going through heartbreak or so my friends tell me. A few days ago, I caught my girl making out with her boyfriend (?!) and when I told this to my friends they all said,

“Man you are going through a bad heartbreak, but don’t you worry we’ll get you out of this”

Well, so long for friends but this isn’t my first so called ‘heartbreak’. This is like the fourth time my relationship has ended unsuccessfully, though I don’t know how a relationship ends successfully…

Anyways, this girl she was kinda cute and we met through a common friend at a party. We really enjoyed each other’s company that night and I ended up with her cell number. Then came the first and according to me the most exciting phase of a relationship- endless chatting, flirting, sudden rush of adrenal with each “beep” of the phone- it’s all just too exciting. Then one day she suddenly asked me out and I felt like the luckiest guy on the earth.
Though nothing happened on the first date, by the third date we were shamelessly making out in the restaurants… I guess the AXE effect!!!

In a few weeks I was like head over heels in love with this girl, but during this whole time she never introduced me to anyone as her ‘boyfriend’. And yes I should have picked up that clue but me and my head with a P1 processor- I realize things a bit too late.

Well this went on for a few weeks more and when last Friday I was meeting my clients in one of the nightclub, I saw her making out with another guy. So leaving my clients, I just went straight to her for an explanation and LO!!...she introduced me to her boyfriend (!!!) and simply told me that she was just trying to see how high she can get me and there was nothing between us.
Now I probably should have said something to her but I didn’t

“Hey, what the hell
Watcha want me to say
I won’t lie that I can’t deny
I did it all for the nookie”



Just then I felt an overpowering need for a drink. So I moved towards the bar area
“No shaken vodka martini tonight, everclear is what I need” I thought

Four shots of everclear and I was lost in my own world, I could hear Adam Levine singing “I’m not falling apart again” …probably the Tiesto mix (?) and for the first time in my life I could FEEL the colorful lights dance with the beats of the song on the dance floor. The whole environment was celestial and for a while I just sat there- the music soothing and comforting and told people around me that Adam Levine is the only true brother I have. I even shouted  “I feel ye homie”

    After a while I stood up and made my way towards the exit but just then I felt an irresistible urge to see my girl one last time. So, I started looking for her. This whole time I was feeling a weird kind of tingling in my stomach. Soon I found her sitting with her boyfriend, I was about to say something to her when suddenly the tingling in my stomach increased and before I could understand what was happening, I puked on her.

Now, I am really good in detecting danger even when I am drunk, so I somehow managed to get away in a taxi without getting caught by her boyfriend. This whole time, what happened to my clients, I have no idea: they haven’t called me yet.

Well the next day I woke up and the first thing on my mind was “Shoot ‘em up”…Yes that’s the movie I find solace in, after every heartbreak. Endless shooting and blood and carrot munching and Yes MONICA BELLUCCI!! So after watching the movie and countless hours of counter-strike, I came out of my house as myself again. Everything was beautiful, everything was true, I still believed in love and Of course, every lady was single again.

    And then I realized, this whole thing is a bit far-fetched. Your heart is strong enough to handle these situations, people around you- good enough to take you out of anything. And once a while, along the line, you feel that love was never meant for you, but then, someone comes in your life and shows you how wrong you were. All you have to do is to keep your heart open, if not for others than for yourself. This is what I believe today…maybe I’m way too immature to understand the true agony of heartbreak or, as one of my girls told me, “falling out of love is as difficult as falling in love is easy”,  maybe I have never experienced true love.

    Tomorrow my views may change but till then,

‘It’s a heart…heartbreak warfare!!’
© Copyright 2010 Rätsel (rathijit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1727484-Heartbreak-Warfare