*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1728080-Purgatorial-Reincarnation
Rated: E · Other · Death · #1728080
Is there Karmic justice?
As I wander down the aisles of the pet store and pass the bowls of lethargic beta fish, many of which are just floating in their tiny doorknob sized bowls, I begin to reflect on Purgatorial Reincarnation. What did those fish do to deserve swimming in endless circles until their demise? Were they at one time human liars, murderers, or thieves? While viewing a cooking show the other day I watched in horror as a woman pulled a live lobster out of a bucket, laid it on a cutting board, split open its abdomen, pulled out it's innards, and began packing it with crab stuffing. All while the lobster was still alive and wriggling. What did that lobster do to deserve that Hell? Was it at one time a human degenerate or predator? Is Purgatory not an actual spiritual realm but right here on Earth and only accessible via reincarnation? Does Justice sit on high and dole out the fates of sinful humans to pay for their sins through the cruelty that humans inflict upon each other and other living creatures? Do we create or own Hells? When you die what will you become? Will your lifes actions place you back on earth as a chicken in a poultry factory? Beak snipped off, feet removed, living in a cage that's only size of your body until you are dipped in scalding water, hung upside down, featherless, waiting for your head to be wrenched off. Or will you become a dolphin or otter swimming playfully and carefree in a vast, calm, blue ocean? Or how about the baby zebra just born on the plains of the Serengeti, taking it's first wobbly steps and it's first breaths of sweet fresh air, only to be pounced upon and ravaged by a hungry lioness? It only had a short taste of life and freedom before having Deaths sharp teeth snap it's neck and begin devouring it before it's eyes are even closed. Maybe this baby zebra had been a human ingrate now being shown exactly how short and harsh life can be.

There are times when I feel like those beta fish, just swimming in circles, looking at the same close scenery day in and day out. Hopefully a few of those poor fish will get a reprieve and be taken home to a bigger bowl for the entertainment of a child. Unless a can of beef jerky is then dumped into it's bowl and the fish is once again paying the repentant price by being forced to swim in beef broth and not water. Such is the fickle hand of Fate. I'm striving to live my life in order to be brought back as one of my dogs. Now that's the good life.


© Copyright 2010 Cootaloo (cootaloo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1728080-Purgatorial-Reincarnation