*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1728415-I-Am-Blessed
by Homie
Rated: E · Article · Spiritual · #1728415
its about the blessings we have been bestowed with and our disability to realize them
                       

I AM BLESSED!



Why me? Why I am the only one who is to get stuck in all the problems prevailing in this world? Why all the obnoxious situations have to land at my doorstep? Why am I the sole person who is having all the bad things in life waiting for something good and fortunate to happen!!!

                      Hey STOP!!! Harness your wild thoughts for a moment and let me prove to you that you are wrong; in reality you are one of the most fortunate and destined people to ever exist on this planet, earth. But first what we need to do is to just allow our mind to float out of the box in order to see the other side of the picture and realize what all of us fail to do INTENTIONALLY!



TRAFFIC JAM:



Few days back I was stuck in a traffic jam which as usual was the worst one I could have witnessed; the same thought that surrounds me every time when I end up having even two cars ahead of me, “The so called Traffic Jam”. That day as well there wasn’t any traffic jam, it was just that I had to wait for the light to turn green for ONE and a HALF MINUTE which ridiculously compelled me to exaggerate the situation. While I was cursing my fate accompanied by the process of burning of my body and mind due the scorching beam of the SUN (indeed another unrealized blessing), a bus came and stopped besides “My Car”. I looked at the bus and found that it carried disabled children who were on their way to their homes or rehabilitation centers’. To my amazement those kids were so happy even in that fussy situation by the environment they were in because it was something they weren’t used to the smoke filled air felt to them like a cool breeze and the hot sun came to them like a ball of snow.

                          I was stunned that how can they be enjoying such a bad day, but they were because to them this was a blessing and they did realize it! Some of them couldn’t hear, some of them couldn’t see and some of them couldn’t speak but they weren’t upset in spite of actually being deprived of even their normal senses and in spite of being the ones having actually the right to ask the nature that  “WHY ME?” But there wasn’t any questionable expression on their faces but a feeling of contentment for whatever they had.



I REALIZED:



I glanced at the mirror and was shocked to find the selfish and thankless inner of mine. I had the vision to enjoy the beauties of natures. I had the ability to listen to the sweet songs of the birds singing in the blooming gardens and I had the power to phrase my thoughts into words and communicate them to the world. But why I wasn’t able to thank my LORD for the blessings I had! There are people who are deprived of a normal IQ level, there are people who are blind but still are fighting back to their problems  and ARE HAPPY.

             

Then why are we so ungrateful towards our LORD’s greatest blessings of being normal and having a good health. The problem is that we weigh the blessings in terms of material things, if we recognize what we have that many others don’t have and stop cursing the little problems and tests of life as our misfortune then are we going to be able to realize the unrealized! And that’s from where success, satisfaction, serenity and prosperity will take a lead in our lives!





                                       

© Copyright 2010 Homie (humza at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1728415-I-Am-Blessed