*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1729505-Dear-Negativity
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Inspirational · #1729505
A letter I wrote to my negativity to try and get rid of him.
Dear Negativity,

I am really growing tired of the poison you have been spewing for over a decade now. It is time I see you for what you are an anchor on my life and my dreams and all of my relationships. I am not going to carry you around with me anymore, you’re too heavy and you’re only a cancer on my life. So this is goodbye, I know it hurts rejection always does but it is time you went to a deep dark hole in a forgotten place of this world and think about all the pain and grief you have caused me and my loved ones. All your lies and broken promises have gotten us to this point and I am doing this for me so I can begin to heal and grow into the wonderfully successful person you have been stifling for years now. You serve me no more, I banish you and your friends; doubt, fear, insecurity, and pessimism. I hope all of you find a place that tortures and eats away at you like you have been doing to my soul for all these years. My your travels be uncomfortable and time consuming. I know I should be the bigger man and wish you the best and happy trails but for what you have put me through even if it be by my own hand, for you are merely a tool that I know not yet how to use, I still am to raw from the wounds you inflicted upon me to forgive you. I hope in the future I can look back at the time I spent with you as a one of great importance and necessary for my growth into the man I will become. Alas I am still a young man filled with immense conflicting emotions and feelings and forgiving you is something that father time has yet to teach me.

Sincerely,

Ryan Darling
© Copyright 2010 Ryan Darling (rjcobra at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1729505-Dear-Negativity