*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1729620-2nd-Law-of-Thermodynamics-and-sociology
Rated: E · Article · Scientific · #1729620
The Article applies the second law of thermal dynamics to social relationships and living
Notes about thermal dynamics in regards to societies and psychologies
By Michael Kitz

The second law of thermodynamics states that every isolated body becomes more disordered with time. With this scientific truth as a guide, we have attempted to identify, clarify, and examine some behavioral patterns observed in the social and psychological rhythms around us. We use this law as my correlating agent with the idea that being that we are creatures of thermal dynamics, in that our life-force is one of heat, and our movement is of the dynamic.
Vocabulary and terms
To begin, it may be easier to define some terms and ideas that will be used throughout to familiarize the specific innuendoes.
Thinking small- which differs from being perceptive or thinking specifically and focusing in that it is not observing the truth or significant detail of a subject itself, but instead translating what you sense through a filter of assumptions, learned and otherwise, and constant self projection of everything encountered. (i.e. not - "what is a banana?" but "what is a banana to me?"; not "how does that feel?" but "how would I feel?"; not- "why would someone do that?" but "why would I do that?" or "I would never do that.".) Another explanation would be that thinking small excludes the big picture or any alternative view and understanding other than that which is most personal and easy.
The upper hand- In any confrontation there are elements (social, physical, mental) at play that determine which of the parties involved has an advantage. The Upper Hand refers to the party with an advantage.
Inclination: the taste and favoritism of an individual that comes naturally, without needing to be provoked.
Collective organism- A group of people who interact systematically and engage each other regularly in a space where they’re individual roles are defined clearly.
Stagnaticity- implies a static state where no progression is possible. The energy used to get there was better and more completely utilized than the energy it takes to sustain. The amount of waste heat goes up and things degrade from stagnaticity.
Natural State- the dynamic, constantly mutating and varying world that is assumed here to be the way nature acts.
Negative Energy- That energy that only serves to degrade, undermine, and/or harm the effects and movement of positive energy; the parasitical force in the world that uses the energy of progressive, evolving or constructive forces against itself with the purpose to destruct.
Significant extent: that extent whose value of subjectiveness proceeds to a point of possible objectiveness based on the observers proven value in the world, though not necessarily their value in society.
Reasonable Extent: the point in science or --- in which something may not be absolutely true but with the evidence gathered or exposed the probability that it is true seems likely and is regarded as a truth or fact.
Populist/Popularism: [A person that follows] the notion that majority beliefs and opinions are more right or more true. While dynamic, the idea supports the practice of treating conjecture, circumstantial evidence, and human records of observation as unbiased fact (which is impossible to achieve through these means). The idea that if one can find other people who share the opinion or has concluded likewise to one’s own inclination, then that view is indisputably true; or that if one can find more evidence based on "experts" or other assumed and suspect roles than to the contrary, they are more right. Most often examples of these ideas can be found in those who rely on history, which by its nature is highly suspect, as something that is true and actual to be learned from and used for example as well as exercised as fact of knowledge. The doubt necessary when regarding anything Historic is the unreliability of any human recordings of any event or person due to the biases that are innate in human perception and recollection, not to mention considering what recordings are preserved or destroyed or altered by another party. The doubt of scientific and theoretical examinations of historical things are because these examinations are inadvertently deficient due to the impossibility of omniscient perception of anything that has past in time.

It would paradoxical of us to have anyone reading this to begin with the exact mindset that results from the observations discussed herein. So, we have included this paragraph as a super helpful tool. We have found that to make it easier to appreciate any piece of writing fully, and squeezing every possible drop of richness or honesty in it, it works best to read it twice, in two different mindsets: the first, a total acceptance and agreement with every word and idea, a selflessness of observation, no matter how contrary you may or may not actually be; the second, one of extreme scrutiny, or at least a read-through with that little voice of conscience and individuality that’s plugged into your gut and the hairs on the back of your neck yapping away in merry opinions. For example, on the first time through, instead of asking, "how does one come to that conclusion?" ask "How did one come to that conclusion"; instead of asking "why would that be true?" ask "How could that be true?" etc…you get the idea…

Social Isolation Relationships
Isolated social relationships are those that occur when a person becomes accustomed to interacting with the same people or same types of people. When this happens a primary thought-process dominates according to the specific agreements that happen to prevail here, defined or not; that is to say certain points of view and opinions of observation become attributed to these isolated social circles which are more assumptions of basic inclinations of that control group than actual facts or universal truths. Because they have taken an unspoken precedence of belief in that isolated social system, the protection of that belief becomes crucially akin to the perseverance for life. So the delusion becomes the idol without any precise designation of the sort. To further that point:
The isolation of these social circles serves to re-enforce particular ideas, motifs, tones, and laws about what the world is, their place in it, and others place in it. Because basic inclinations of right and wrong, good and bad (which while these two pairs are along very similar lines, the subtle differences can be blurred in ways that gives certain groups a feeling of the upper hand [a good example of a difference between something like "good" and "right" can be found in the example: "If you do not have enough food, you will die-this is right, but it is not necessarily good" "right" being the re-enforcement of a law, natural or otherwise, and "good" being the support of a positive force.]) are agreed assumptions and not absolute truths, any force that contradicts these values will be denied credibility by the power of a group, or collective organism. This supports the idea that agreement is truth, or "if enough people, or at least those most respected in this collective organism, agree with the subject at hand then it is true and right and good, regardless of facts or possibility of facts that may oppose it." (If enough people agree that Star Wars is the greatest movie ever, than the minority that disagrees is not only wrong, but their must be something fundamentally inferior about them not to be able to comprehend the true greatness of Star Wars)
These isolated social circles are empowering because a person in it can feel that its inclinations are legitimate enough to be shared and acted upon by energies and people outside of themselves (the members within this isolated state will no doubt believe that their perception of what is of good quality in things is a reliable view, or at least a "pretty good" one).
It will provide confidence in self and will shrink the vastness of possibility and universe into a more tolerable and easy sense (it is nice to know how things are and should be, to have a reasonable chance of knowing what may happen and be prepared, to distort something so it "matters", and adherence to that niceness is a prime component of an isolated system).
As our social world--with its aspects of politics, humor, philosophy, creativity, religion/theology-becomes more developed and complete as far as a system of this kind can, dialogue becomes more isolated, it becomes smaller, tighter, more predictable and workable and as a result: the selves involved become bigger to their isolated social circles based on their sureness of socializing in what is no longer a small piece trying to interact with a massive amount of other pieces and circles and energy masses and reactions, but now a large piece set as a firm cog in a larger, stronger machine that then interacts with the greater pool of society.
The coming together and evolution of a system becoming comfortable and isolated is a dynamic process. It grows and propagates. It is when this evolution plateaus that things began to degrade with time.
Often, the eventual degradation of this isolated system goes unnoticed or ignored by those inside the system, eventually to catastrophic effects. Many times, its turning towards certain disgrace will be accompanied by the failure of past methods and techniques to perform adequately even though applied in the same way, the loss of allies, and the absorption of new dynamic individuals for immediate sacrifice.
DEFENSE
         A sense of placement and duty in the world is created and in order to preserve this sense of legitimacy of a life there needs to be strong defenses set up. This leads to a few basic defenses isolated social group will acquire: 1-further isolationism and rejecting all contact with opposition or un-convicted agents in personal life (if I do not risk confrontation or converse with those [or that which] I disagree with then I will not be tempted by their perversions or upset by their lack of decency and/or whatever I do not accept; likewise, if an idea contradicts any fundamental view, it will not be considered resaonably); 2-stockpiling of reasons and facts for legitimacy and superiority (If history a/o science a/o God can seem to agree with me, how can I be wrong?); 3-recruitment of like minds to strengthening entire collective organism (i.e. the more people I can convince to see things my way, to believe what I believe, the more right I become).
ANALOGY
A possible analogy to show some of the attributes of an isolated social system can be found in the observation of a musical band, which is a very specific and knowable fertility for isolation; a musical band who forms from their love of creating music and their similar principles and inclinations about music.
Here, we have several members who all believe in the same type of music and wish to reiterate their belief by acting together and creating it. Each will have its own position (singer, bass, drums, guitar, etc.) which will be their individual role in the system of the collective organism. They will have a band name, suggesting that together they form something different than any one of them by themselves, but by the specifics of a name they indicate that the whole is more than the sum total of their parts --because they are inclined to believe that music (the nucleus of their togetherness), especially the type and style of music they want to play, is more important than any one of them, and so they deny their selves for a greater good, which is the sense of the heart that loves. So under that belief they will create beautiful music. Regardless of what type of music they play, because it is a specific band they will take on a style which is unique to them and is, simply put, the way in which their inclinations in music tend to sound together.
They will practice relentlessly, trying to achieve that tightness, that perfection of balance between them so that it may eventually come together to form one whole, a single complete sound that captures the heart and mind, that infects a listener and makes him into a giant ear and nothing else.
They will listen to the music they do, or want to do, as well as constantly doing that type of music themselves so that they understand it more and more; so that they feel it more completely and get closer and closer to it; until it less an imitation of that music and more of a birth of sound. This closeness, and constant affirmation of it inside their social circle, will at once give them more clarity of their music and at the same time deteriorate their observation and exposure to (of) other styles of music. They (the other forms of music) won’t sound as big, or as important, or real and previous reactions of ambivalence will become reactions of disgust, or even pain depending on the rules of their music education that are distorted or rejected in this alien music.
Not only other music will become like this, but also other forms of art: they simple won’t be able to stand against the collective organism now that it has closed in on perfection and is too full of itself to allow the possible sabotage of allowing other genius in: the risk is too great.
Now here they are, at the pinnacle of their craft, virtual perfection has been reached and that achievement fills them with real purpose. They are determined to preserve it, and so they will continue to go through the same patterns and cycles it took them to get to that point.
Now the dynamic sensations of these individuals will begin to contradict their original intentions as in forming the band. They will begin to need new songs, new approaches, different textures and if these desires aren’t met then a deterioration of will set in surfacing as anger, discontentment, resentment, and eventually the breakup of a band. A collective organism does not only degrade because of the lack of dynamics in their chosen circles, but also degrades from the non-collective mutations of ideas and desires concerning the passion of choice.
-----------------------------
ROUTINE
The isolated routine is the act of going through the exact same motions, processes, and rituals for the primary sake of familiarity. These habits can be formed for a variety of reasons: 1-they were taught (mimic); 2-first inclination; 3-they were learned on their own (reasoned). These habits of routine become isolated once they are practiced out of familiarity instead of acknowledged. This is done for reasons of efficiency and conciseness: a proven process in order to demand certain predictable results.
While this provides the subject with a sense of certainty it also causes minor obstacles or slight altercation that occur in the dynamic, un-isolated world to become exaggerated in the perception of the subject. Change, even positive change, is seen as negative because it has interfered with an isolated system of the subject whose isolated habits which were designed to preserve the status quo and values of that subject, has caused it to become conditionally obsolete and less equipped to handle variation, mutation, and change-the fundamentals of the dynamic, progressive life.
Things tend to cling to familiarity and sameness out of survival, it helps them to be stronger and more. If less thought, energy, and time can be dedicated to one thing while still preserving that things quality then it provides the person with the ability to focus, grow, and improve in another area/s. But this goal is lost once that familiarity or sameness no longer applies or applies in the same way, thus it does the opposite: it weakens, and often to the ignorance of the subject who logically deduces that if something worked once, it will work again. As a result, one begins to favor things, not because they are best, but because they are familiar, or emulate something familiar: this, of course, causes a negative reaction from the isolated subject, who will deny failure if it negates what it knows to be true, and that negative energy is then spread to surrounding energies. This negativity is mostly assumption and ignorance hiding behind mirages of rightness, certainty, familiarity, and goodness all conjured by a routine that was isolated.
Analogy1:
A person walks into the bathroom one evening to perform a nightly ritual of brushing his teeth. First he swishes with mouthwash, then he takes the tootbrush out of its holder and wets it. He goes to get the toothpaste and finds that instead of being emptied form the bottom of the tube and rolled up, someone has just squeezed it at the fattest part and thus squeezed some toothpaste back  into the bottom of the tube. This angers the person toan  absurd degree and he begrudgingly "fixes" the toothpaste tube. Even though the toothpastes quality or content was not compromised, his routine and the compenents thereof were broken. He does not forget. His anger simmers and seethes. From a varied approach, though no less effective, to teethbrushing, the person has created negative energy and eventually spreads that decomposing feeling somewhere else. Blaam!
Analogy 2:
A man follows a routine in the morning that gets him at work five minutes early so he has time to buy a drink and drink it on a bench watching the birds. A run in with the lady next store on the way out of the house to talk about recent burglaries has eliminated that time and he feels his rhythm for the day is off and performs poorly or is angry about the change in his routine and wastes time dwelling on it. Every misfortune after that becomes swelled and is blamed on the original misfortune: "this day started out bad" and "nothing is going right today" are among the things thought by the isolated routine subject. Someone forgot to replace something when they were done using it, or made an alteration based on nothing sensible or clearly feasible and absurd degrees of anger and discontent surge in the isolated routine subject. Sadness sprouts from observing those that don’t share his higher learning, understanding and pleasures. He understand s people less and less. He becomes less tolerable of any shortcomings. Ka-boom.
ISOLATED TASTE
Isolated taste is when what a subject likes or views as higher quality stops being considered by the subject as subjective and begins to become considered an objective law of quality.
Most relevant is the infliction of aesthetics over utility. This is when what something looks like, or costs, or who made it and where, takes prevalence over the effectiveness and usefulness of that something. This is a definition of bad art (because, as history has shown, it is easier to define virtues and subjective qualities by what they aren’t so that the dynamics of what they are is not compromised.[in other words, in order to know something that changes often and fortuitously, one can only be somewhat certain of what it tends not to do, since that is more specific to a dynamic quality]). This is caused by an isolated view of things that has seeds in social isolation, selective observation, and isolated routine.
If the aesthetics of a thing compromises the utility of that thing than it is of a lesser quality, because a things quality--what defines it most essentially--is found in its use. If that things purpose is for aesthetics, then of course there is no crime because how can modification of the aesthetics of an aesthetic thing be bad when the use of that thing is primarily aesthetic.
Analogy:
For example, if there are two lawnmowers: one which performs well in cutting, handling, fuel consumption, and noise but is ugly to look at so that even innocent children who glimpse its hunkered form in the shadows of a garage run in certain terror; and another which looks impressive-chromed and shiny and smooth which everyone who passes by pauses to watch with sweet tears of joy at it splendor in the sun- and perhaps even expensive as a soft bed in hell with a famous name emblazoned on the hull, but barely cuts grass. Which is better? (I suppose there is a question of values here, maybe one would rather look good mowing and have their lawn look ugly than have a beautiful lawn and terrify the neighbors toddlers for a half hour every two weeks.) Clearly, what a lawnmower should do is mow lawns, and that is its primary purpose. What it looks like is secondary, and while it’s nice to have pretty things, it is stupid to have pretty things that cannot do what they are supposed to because they are so pretty. Now nothing was said of the attractiveness of the second lawnmower having anything to do with its ineffectiveness, but that is a further example. The first example was that the buyers of those lawnmowers chose their model for different reasons and the one who has an effective lawnmower is the victor in the eyes of quality. If the lawnmower’s beauty was the cause for its ineffectiveness, well that’s obviously even stupider (stupid being the knowledge or understanding of rightness, and still disregarding it; while ignorance is simply being unaware of rightness.).
The horror of this isolated taste is that it is not uncommon for someone, in some societies (keep going), to think things are better because of what they cost, who made them and where, and what they look like instead of how they fulfill their purpose. The isolated system has grown to absorb a dangerous amount of sensibilities. When an isolated system such as taste grows to such monstrous proportions then the degrading of that taste is called revolution, because at times humanity must fully revolve in order to evolve. Tragically, the degrading of a large system that has, due to its sheer size, created so much energy waste (or negative energy) that the revolution is often necessarily violent and vicious. This is because radical change is akin to a bursting of a balloon filled lowly, until it becomes too much for even itself; it’s purpose and passion was to be filled but the obscenity of its extremity has caused it to self-destruct, even if that self-destruction is a reaction from outside forces of whom were affected and asphyxiated by its swelling.
Isolated thinking
Isolated thinking is the belief that what one feels, experiences, and is inclined to think is right. Not only right, but somehow more right than other things. This thinker will build its life and observation on legitimizing this, not unlike Ptolemy and his "earth as center of the universe view", making up complicated, vague theories of motion so that his theory could still be considered as true.
When a subject observes an occurrence and feels a certain way strongly, that feeling is not at first questioned, but instead, sought to be justified. Because it came so naturally, the natural inclination is that it is right, and true. When one experiences an act or a drug or anything, the subject regards those experiences as a factual account of that. Isolated thinking demands that subjective factual account be an objective understanding of the act or drug, and builds its knowledge accordingly, rejecting all opposition opinions on the grounds of the facts of that subjective, highly personal experience.
This thinking degrades the subject in that the facts and beliefs surrounding it are considered to be objective, and are acted on and expressed objectively, but are not objective in quality. The loss of recognizing (or wanting to recognize) this causes the subject to become illicit and degraded and often dangerously so that it is inspired to further its base of inclination as a law or rule by which others, however different or inclined otherwise, to follow. This causes the civil rights and freedoms of others to be compromised or punished degrading the virtues of freedom, diversity, and tolerance (among others.) The subject will expend all necessary energy to ensure the values of its learning’s are shared, regardless if they are correct or not.  Since these values which have become laws and forced upon others, not only does it degrade the individual but the entire society becomes degraded as the natural response to unjust limits imposed are all negative energies.  So in the quest to force others into a “right” living style and choices, instead we degrade the entire community through stagnation and the inevitable negative feelings that injustice provokes.  Once a fallacy has made itself a law binding all, not only is that community headed for certain destruction, but the effects of a society drowning under it’s own misguidance and misconception causes outside entities to be harmed or destroyed.
An isolated thinker values quantity over quality, in as far as they can achieve large amounts of those that share, or at least do not oppose, that sort of idea and its results often do not realize the dangers of their “good intentions” until long after the upper hand has corrupted them thoroughly. (Example: an isolated thinker believes the amount of people who are drawn to a concert is more valuable than who is drawn, or better "enjoys", the concert to a significant extent.)
A belief is any faction of thought that one chooses to rely on as truth. The most important concept of this is that the truth in question is not provable to any sort of absolute (God, Good and Evil, Beauty, etc) but rather is accustomed as an entity that is not unprovable. This belief may be based on many facts and observation, on strong empirical understanding, but it is called a belief because the mind finds it necessary to create short-cuts of comprehension that undermines certain honesties for the benefit of solidarity of the inclinations of whatever person. This is not dangerous in itself but becomes so through the seeking to fortify a specific opinion as fact and appoint authority over that opinion thus degrading the dynamics of themselves by eliminating the dynamic force that may disagree wholly or in part.
Beliefs become dangerous when they are not recognized as beliefs but are casually regarded as facts of the world. This perversion of Faith is what degrades into harm and death, while true Faith, as a purely individual idea that allows for the dynamic of life, mutation and eternity to project.
Religious belief is a decision to regard unprovable ideas as absolute truth, whatever may go against that believer or his beliefs is in contempt of the believers "truth", and therefore, no matter what happens, the believer is a martyr and a saint, without any possible clarification to the contrary, during this plane of existence. This makes it impossible for the believer to understand the right and wrong of a separate faction, as all factions have been short-cutted to be the same (i.e. wrong). This makes it easy to deny and dismiss any thing outside of the reach of its original choice. This behavior degrades into radicalism and flamboyance and causes those affected by it to reflect that in sometimes terrible ways.
Scientific Belief is the idea that if one has read it or an "expert has foretold it" then it is true. There is no need to see the evidence, the process of the experiments, the nature of the tests and studies and the subjects used: it is trusted because it is much more efficient and economical to simply believe what sounds right. Why? Because: 1) the research would take an extraordinary amount of time an energy to rectify even the smallest fact 2) as community, it is sought to work together for a greater good, and that means to isolate and focus our talents on a very specific job or desire and simply trust that the job, talents, and desires of others are true-worthy.  Clearly, neither of these account for bias or human-error.
An isolated thinker will often dismiss what it doesn’t immediately feel or agree with as not worthy of itself. A customary defense mechanism found in the isolated thinker is the application of undesirable titles and descriptions to something that is not inherently or otherwise bad or undesirable but is attributed with these qualities by a subject whose isolation has lead to the belief that what he dislikes is bad (because he dislikes it) somehow and he should expose his isolated truth through "coloring" his communication with personal biases through a technique called down spinning. (Some examples of this isolated thinking being implemented is "Hot Chocolate taste like sweet diarrhea"; "Basketball is just a bunch of sweat-monkeys jamming a coconut into a hole": "Rock music is evil"; "I don’t like it because its stupid"; etc.)  On the other side is promoting what one wants to be right or better by giving it the upspin.  This techinique is also utilized by an offended who seeks to lessen the crime or justify it (“I broke my covenant and cheated on my wife because she did not fulfill her end of the bargin by not treating me in a repectable way.” Down-spinning and Up-spinning are both forms of deception used to preserve the isolated individuals persona as a “good” person. Ironically, it is the most guilty-feeling people that are the most innocent; the most self-depreciating that are capable and more willing to do good and promote righteousness through example instead of vain lip-service.
As a general rule, the isolated thinkers most prone to degradation are those provided with the greatest degree of power and influence: teachers, judges, political leaders.
Why People form Isolated systems
The natural order mandates that certain creatures form groups (packs, colonies, herds, etc.) while other creatures live very solitary lives; still other animals will live somewhat separate but will rally and reunite with others of their species for certain needs habits and customs such as mating or war. Of the animal kingdom, it is humans that have had the ability and success at assimilating to all three lifestyles, but primarily humans are most commonly herd animals.
This system normally functions as a manner of ensuring the success of a species-- allowing for more efficient predation and/or defense, as well as reproduction. Animals that form groups are generally territorial, particularly predators, and will chase away, fight, or even kill, members from a different pack (of course exceptions are often made for fertile females). Checks and balances at hand in nature assure that these species are just successful enough to not become extinct, and at times so successful that they infringe on the lives of other groups or species. Group size is governed by both available resources and overcrowding. Some groups move together and act without any clear leadership while others have a clear solitary figure or committee that dictates the actions of the others.
Man has taken his pack mentality to an extreme, and has created a seemingly infinite number of divisions within humanity; with the added complication of grouping people into numerous overlapping categories. There are two basic sides or ends to the spectrum of human isolated systems and they are discussed as followed:
Family units are the most basic, and natural, and teach us how an isolated system can work to the benefit of those involved. Family herding also provides for the safety of animals that are born with undeveloped survival skills. Human infants require years of care before they gain the ability to fend for themselves. To ensure this care, pair bonds are established. Extended family units are the typical primate groups; genetic diversity is accomplished through getting non-related females or males into the group. In nature, this is as far as it goes for primates; but one primate, man, has taken it considerably further.
Mankind groups by a huge array of different reasons and situations: religion, political affiliation, geographical region, race, gender, class, recreational pursuit, age, and by any other detectable difference. The most damaging to harmony within the human race is nationalism. The isolated system created by grouping people together because of imaginary lines drawn on a map often degrades more quickly and more often than other isolated system based on the affinity imagined; in other words, wars are easily fought to protect lines that aren’t real and aren’t necessary. While being territorial is natural, nationalism is not based on simply personal territory that one needs to survive, but instead imposed ideas and customs that are allowed due to the preference of those who rule or the majority opinion; this feeling of nationalism also extends to areas never used or even otherwise acknowledged. The most destructive quality of nationalism is that despite its wholly metaphorical and imagined nature, it is trusted and believed and easily died for with little danger of being question because of its innate fluid and easily corrupted nature of what being patriotic of nationalist truly entails. Protecting or enlarging one's territory is sometimes typical animal behavior; however, the scale of confrontation is considerably less in nature outside of mankind.
The entire political system that drives nationalism is in place because the vast majority of people have no interest in managing the infrastructure necessary to make our technological world function. A relatively small number of individuals manage society as proxies for the masses, and direct world events from a perspective that is quite alien to most people. A large portion of humanity now lives a parasitic existence; they are incapable of existing without the "host" society. In a totally natural environment, these people could not provide for the basic needs of shelter and sustenance, nor could they provide themselves with clothing, nor successfully give birth to and raise infants without outside intervention. Much of their knowledge is restricted to what they are told by politicians and the media, and their opinions are carefully molded to serve whatever is in the best interests of the elite. Furthermore, because they have assimilated so completely to their specific isolated system and their small part as a cog or wheel or whatever, they have rendered themselves unnaturally helpless and incapable of providing for themselves and families outside of that system; this causes them to adhere and protect that system no matter how degraded or destructive it may be.
Fundamentally, there are no significant differences between forms of government. It doesn't matter whether a system is Capitalist, Communist, Monarchist, or any other type; all have a ruling class which manages the masses. It is advantageous for aggressive nations to cultivate a fear in the general population of governments that are dissimilar, for this enables the elite to manipulate the people into supporting actions detrimental to those other nations that they would otherwise perceive as immoral. In theory, politicians are supposed to act in response to the wishes of the citizens; but in reality, the leaders act in their own interests, and then create a favorable response from the people through media manipulation.
Leaders of nations frequently provoke warfare for purely economic or political reasons. A war between countries requires that a significant number of citizens are easily brainwashed: from the soldiers who must be willing to kill strangers, and be killed themselves, for something they do not understand; to the general public, which must support the ideal of murdering others for gain. In reality, all the standard excuses countries use to defend acts of aggression do not justify slaughtering people who have done you no wrong. War against another nation is perceived as a war against that state, as an entity unto itself; but a state is composed of the individuals inhabiting that area: women, children, the elderly, the poor, the handicapped; people you would normally treat with compassion. The suggestion that those people are not happy and are in fact inhumanely treated works as a motivator to a well-manipulated people as they can ignore the contradiction of "liberating by creating death and chaos" because they will believe their leaders as they show them only the tragic, only the inhumane, only the horrifying carefully filtered through what they know to be most valuable to their support. Because we are practically helpless to find the truth ourselves, we will use our nationalism to not only ignore contrary information (what little we will be allowed to see) and further degrade ourselves, but infect other systems and groups with our destruction and poisons to both mask and draw attention away from the degrading of our isolated system.
Countries assume the identity of the majority of citizens: they are a representation of the type of people living in that region. Theocratic governments function as religious entities, and tend to enforce laws and enact policies according to sectarian doctrine (example: Iran). A theocracy in conflict with another nation risks having the religion, rather than the state, seen as the enemy; this situation can easily escalate, as other nations that share the same religion feel obligated to defend/support their beliefs.  It also follows, as discussed about religion previously, that it is easier to gain the favor of the people because since their faith is based on vague or unsupported notions, they are easily motivated to do or support anything.
Countries that are predominantly of one race tend to develop a cultural identity, and often view other races with distrust. Humans, like other animals, are suspicious of any creature different from themselves (ignorance); this is based on instinctive fear, and fear frequently breeds aggression. Obviously, there are other factors involved in racism. There are also exceptions to the rule, where a racial minority governs; but these situations are the result of conquering forces maintaining control, and are temporary: the masses will eventually supplant the rulers. The damage done though knows no bounds.
Bias due to race, culture, or status, is not logical for a species that wishes to rise above animal instinct. Fear or mistrust of the unfamiliar serves to protect animals from danger; but man is an intelligent creature, and can determine the level of risk through reasoning. There is no compelling reason to assume that a member of a different group would pose more of a danger than any other individual; but man is a victim, of not only instinct, but the sum of millions of years of conditioning. The attitudes held by society shape each and every individual within it. Most information a person acquires is filtered through others; everything taught in school is not necessarily the truth, but is what society perceives as the truth. Human knowledge evolves slowly, with the influences of each member affecting the flow of change; each person altering society to varying degrees, for better or worse. An apparent sudden alteration of human culture by an individual is not as it seems; for the actions of that person are the culmination of two million years of genetic and behavioral events, all leading to that one point in time. Humanity, as a whole, is the result of the actions of every person that has ever lived. The animal drives are a major reason why new knowledge does not necessarily lead to widespread change. The realization that followers of Animistic religions did not have magical powers may have stopped witch burning, but religious persecution continues. Science has shown that the differences between races are superficial, but racism continues. Man holds to his isolated system through its degradation and eventual death because he is a creature of habit. People need these systems for hope, efficiency, mobility, power, etc. and for those things they are good. But as a whole, man generally resists the most natural: death, change, defeat, mercy, accountability; and he supports the most unnatural: pollution, excess, revenge, escape, malice, partiality, status quo, etc.

Often, isolated states are simply born-in, as in it has just seemed to "always be that way" and "that’s just the way it is" (Even this paper has exemplified some of this in its use of certain easily corrupted words such as "nature", "reality", and "truth", which are highly debatable entities, but here were assumed to be something for the sake of clarification of certain occurrences that can very well be observed or legitimized through other means.). Other times, they are sought after, if not for its efficiency then for sense of security, though often that feeling of security is perilously inflated.
Security especially is the sin that causes, in its innocence, to degrade most aspects of life because as it secures, it necessarily isolates.
This paper does not hope to alter or change those isolated states in the world, as they are both necessary and important. It only hopes to clarify them in a way that those that face the most degradation and are most harmed by it will recognize themselves as most susceptible and will remove themselves from that or change their ways before their own degradation exposes itself in an attack on those upholding and causing it. As difficult as that proposal is to actual mediate, it is the hope of this analogy of the second law of thermal dynamics. The Most difficult part is probably that the alternative to these.jnnnk isolated realms are commonly unknown (not popular) and so often thought not to exist or at least too difficult to achieve; also, they are usually greatly resented by those who are born to simply degrade slowly and die, foolishly hoping that their diets, exercise, medical attention, and producing offspring will somehow negate their disintegration (ironically for them, it only serves to further the damage of their isolated systems), which makes it harder for all those artists and such who need the dynamic evolution (it should be mentioned here that evolution does not imply progressing, as too often assumed, but means only changing, for better or worse)in order to satisfy and fulfills themselves and others and, hopefully, better the existence of life and utilize fully the potential of energy.

Bonus Hooie!!!
The Theory of the Dominate Negative
The theory of the dominate Negative relies on the notion that when an equal negative meets an equal positive, the negative will prevail. An example of linguistics demonstrates this through two words which represent opposites in the Western mind: Love and Hate. By their natures they are considered opposites--Love being regarded as most grounded in the positive and Hate being regarded as most grounded in the negative-- but when they refer to each other equally, as in the following example, we notice a domination of one: I Love to Hate: I Hate to Love. The negative (Hate) makes void all positives of Love, while Love can do nothing to harm the velocities of Hate, so Love is Dominated.
A reason for this could be that a positive is a sustaining of energy, while a negative is not an energy of itself, but more of a parasite, an Iago, using the Positive against itself. It may take months to build a good, strong house, years to furnish and exact all details; but it can be turned to rubble easily in a day. The energy of the negative is not to create, but to undermine the positive so that an equal negative, and often even a lesser negative, can confound and degrade a positive of equal or greater value with ease. It is easier to take than to receive. It is harder to teach than to enforce.













© Copyright 2010 Michael Kitz (colekitz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1729620-2nd-Law-of-Thermodynamics-and-sociology