*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1730006-Wishing-Prologue
Rated: E · Chapter · Detective · #1730006
"Wishing" Prologue~
I walked around the gym slowly, hands stuffed into the pockets of my jacket. Michaela was walking right next to me, going on about something. I heard her, but my thoughts were elsewhere, and I didn't know what she was saying. I was too busy thinking about-

"Storm!" the redhead snapped, causing me to shoot an annoyed glance in her direction. "Were you even listening to me?"

"I-" I sighed, taking a deep breath and closing my eyes. "MJ, I'm sorry. I just have a lot on my mind right now."

"Such as?"

"Life."

"Life?" Michaela repeated, but before I had the chance to reply someone slammed into my back, sending me stumbling forward.

I glared at the blond haired boy who ran ahead of me, calling an apology over his shoulder. Why did he even apologize? I know he didn't mean it. Nobody in this school, except for Michaela maybe, cared about my well being. So why apologize? I knew for a fact he wasn't sorry. In fact, he may have done it on purpose.

"Storm," Michaela whispered, putting a hand on my arm. I shook it away. "He's just a jerk, Storm."

"No need to point out the jerks to me," I muttered. "By this point, you should know, I hate just about every one of the idiots in this school anyway."

"Storm, you need to stop hating your life," Michaela said, her voice now firm. I shot her a surprised look. When had I ever said that?

"I don't hate my life," I assured her, even though my voice gave off almost no emotion. "Just the people in it."

Michaela sighed. "It's going to be hard to be around you if you're always so depressed."

I stopped, closing my eyes and clenching my fists at my side. I let out a hiss through clenched teeth. "Then maybe you should just go," I said, my voice hard to keep it from shaking.

Michaela shot me a hurt look. When she saw I wasn't going to take back what I said, she sighed and shrugged. "Okay, if that's what you want," she said, then jogged ahead to walk with her other friends.

I sighed again. Wow, I did that a lot. Quickly, I looked at all of the fifty-seven kids surrounding me. I couldn't care less who they were. Their lives meant nothing to me. They were nothing more than pawns. Playing pieces in this game of life we're all forced to take part in.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prologue -----> You're here.
Chapter One -----> http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1730060-Wishing-Chapter-One
Chapter Two -----> http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1739667-Wishing-Chapter-Two
Chapter Three -----> http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1751451-Wishing-Chapter-Three
Chapter Four ------> http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1753332-Wishing-Chapter-Four
Chapter Five ------> http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1760789-Wishing-Chapter-Five
© Copyright 2010 Maggie Rush (stormrush at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1730006-Wishing-Prologue