*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1730610-Be-the-Real-Winner
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Self Help · #1730610
actual winning is to learn something
Recently I went to Jaipur for my brother’s engagement. There I was having some discussions with my family members and relatives. I was discussing some of the principles which I write in my blogs. During the conversation at one point my uncle disagreed with me and started justifying his point of view. And he was almost successful in proving his point. But then suddenly my aunty said “You cannot win with your uncle”. This is the sentence which forced me to write about this topic.

Actually, every one of us is hungry of winning and whether it is war or any altercation. But the point we need to understand is do we actually learn anything after these hot discussions. I think, NO, because we always try to win. And if we do the discussions only to win, we can never learn anything. Okay let me share the reply I gave to my aunty. I said “Aunty, I am not in a war with the uncle in which either I will win or lose. I am here to discuss my point and if at any moment anyone proves his point with relevant details than I am ready to accept it and it does not mean that I lost actually I won because I learned something new.”

I mean to say when we are in competition our utmost focus is to win, thus we are unable to learn anything. So, I would like to share a thought which is at least applicable during discussions with family and friends.

First of all we must never think that we are always right. Our thought might be wrong and you will know it only when you are ready to accept it. May be we sometimes succeed in justifying our wrong thoughts or views but finally who is the one to lose. It is nobody else but we, we are the one who win but actually we lost. We lost the opportunity to learn the right thing.

Thinking this way will help us to grow mentally.

BE THE REAL WINNER!
© Copyright 2010 abhishek (abhisheknit06 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1730610-Be-the-Real-Winner